+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Fellas from WTF...

Well guys, I don't post here much and I lurked for quite a while before I finally joined, but I must say that this site kicks ass. Very well informed and humorous posts. I personally don't even sign in so that I can just hit the todays posts option, I like the way it is.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny
    Again, I think getting rid of the subforums will get rid of some unneccessary confusion, but I personally can't stand the sites you go to with only 3-4 forums and you have to wade through everything to find what you're interested in. When I see those places, I generally don't go back.
    Agreed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    Glenn has stated in the past that he'd take numbers over quality. I disagree with that position and generally post on boards that follow the reverse rule.
    Huh?

If I said that I must have been drunk.

Do you remember the context of that? (I know that a link is too much to ask for)

Would I like it if we had more posters? Yes.

If we don't get quality ones, then I'm good with what we have.
    Find a new slant.

If you guys just want more shitty posts, let me know. I can post more often.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    If you guys just want more shitty posts, let me know. I can get SDB to post more often.
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    If you guys just want more shitty posts, let me know. I can post more often.
    Me too!

(see what I mean?)

Quote Originally Posted by theMUHMEshow
    This site would get way more input from way more people...if it were set up at least.. hoops-football-baseball-hockey-offtopic and left at that..

let say youre a new poster that found the site...and you want to post a Piston trade idea you heard on another board...you could post it in 3 different spots lol...

just saying...
    Piston trade ideas generated on other board are horrible.

just saying
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    Glenn has stated in the past that he'd take numbers over quality. I disagree with that position and generally post on boards that follow the reverse rule.

That's why I don't post on the Inferno site.
    SI problems are born out of the radio show, not the forum setup. Even with the user activity that place has dead forums.
    WTF has way too many. I've been here for years, and there are still subforums I haven't even looked at. There aren't many occasions where the number of active Users tops 30 at the same time. That's almost a forum per user. Focusing more people into a single topic is how you get coversation to thrive.

Sports General -Sub- (Detroit Sports (NBA,MLB,NHL,NFL,NCAA)
    Non-Sports Merge with all of that other crap -Sub- (Politics)(Terror dome)
    Central(merge front page, style)
    Stands merge with Bukdow
    Sports Book

At the very least , start jaming these "main" sub forums as tabbed sub forums under central directors (see the multitude of NBA subforums)
    Hype?

Quote Originally Posted by BubblesTheLion
    SI\ There aren't many occasions where the number of active Users tops 30 at the same time. That's almost a forum per user.
    Dumb way to look at it, IMO.

+ Reply to Thread