+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Fellas from WTF...

This is definitely one of the more well-organized, well-modded sites IMO.

I like the playoff subforums. Having that consolidated by season is kind of cool. The rest of the subforums I think serve more to obscure than organize.

The number of top-level forums is kind of self-regulating and most of them are well justified based on the volume of posts they get. If they're extraneous then nobody will use them. By that measure, the terror dome and motor city style seem to nominate themselves for pruning. The former could fold into the stands and the latter would probably get more action as a stickied thread in off-topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    I've never payed attention to any of it. I just hit "new posts".
    Heh, that's useful. Somehow I never noticed it was there.
    Last edited by geerussell; 06-08-2008 at 01:47 PM.

I only use the "new posts" button really. I just wish the new posts button was at the bottom of the page as well (I suppose the whole header maybe). It would really speed up browsing if you didn't have to scroll to the top after checking out each post.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

As someone that rarely makes it to the NBA forum, because there is just way too much going on there, I like the fact that I can hop on, see if there are any new posts in the NCAA forum, consider some other forums as well, then move along. Part of what keeps me here is that I can be very time efficient.

When this board takes up too much time, that's when I have to cut myself off - and having all sports in the same forum and having to sort through several pages of new posts to see if one interests me would absolutely mean I was done with the site more often than not.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

I think Ray's sig should have it's own sub-forum.

I think I stare at that thing at least twice a day.

This site would get way more input from way more people...if it were set up at least.. hoops-football-baseball-hockey-offtopic and left at that..

let say youre a new poster that found the site...and you want to post a Piston trade idea you heard on another board...you could post it in 3 different spots lol...

just saying...

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    I kind of think that's one of the fundamental things about this site.

Most of the people here want more posters because that makes things more lively and entertaining, but I think we all want mainly only more intelligent posters, the kinds that will have no problem "figuring out" how the site's organized. I guess we're a bit elitist (or maybe just I am) but I think most here don't want to add posters at the expense of this place just turning into another ESPN or RealGM or something.

Again, I think getting rid of the subforums will get rid of some unneccessary confusion, but I personally can't stand the sites you go to with only 3-4 forums and you have to wade through everything to find what you're interested in. When I see those places, I generally don't go back.

Also, I think it may add more meaningless banter but actually restrict quality discussions because they're sooner popped off the front page and get lost in the mess. Then you end up with more and more repetitive threads because noone sees the original thread, etc..

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Glenn has stated in the past that he'd take numbers over quality. I disagree with that position and generally post on boards that follow the reverse rule.

That's why I don't post on the Inferno site.
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread