+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fellas from WTF...

Fellas from WTF...

Ok..

Love the site...

However...I have some questions...

first of is this...you have the best group off of any posters from any board...

but you couldnt spread your shit out more... I get what youre thinking...and I used to think how you thought.... "lets make a forum for everything"

I would put my dick on it that you shit would be better, more organized and make people post more if there were two forums...

A) SPORTS
    B) off topic

YOU HAVE SO MANY FORUMS I get confused, and I have been here how long...why come here?

jesus, this site has the best base in the city, yet its set up like the Dallas Mavericks...

Guys, think about it...look who posts...look where people post... you get two forums...stickey the two important threads and you get more people participating in more fourms...and you make your place a forum where people will stay..

Just saying...from a guy that wants to post here...and knows you confuse the shit out of everyoen that tries...

but teh idiot fest will b 2 much!

not inferring that you are, but I think you know what I mean. Also, I am much more happy with forums that are spread out like they are. I know we have been over this before...

As far as I'm concerned, it's going to be out of whack either way. If there's a sports forum, I'm going to have to weave my way thru the threads to find what I'm looking for.

I could live either way, however.

I think the amount of forums is fine, but I don't like the subforums. We have too many subforums. Those are what gets confusing, and even makes the site look cluttered. Old Subforums should go in the Stands.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

I like the forums the way they're set up but so often a lot of sub-forums overlap and you can have very similar discussions spanning 4 or 5 different sub-forums. To talk about the Pistons this summer we have the offseason thread, the new coach thread, more than one draft thread and various trade threads, with each separate thread sometimes having something to do with another (trading for a pick to draft...). Could the whole Reverend Wright issue be discussed entirely within the Democratic race thread (where it was discussed quite a bit) or did it need its own thread? I don't have the answer to that question but I think it's the overlap that may lead to the confusion and/or unwillingness to post.

It bothers me that some of the sub forums don't make the front page. it's an extra click to check new messages.

I like our forum setup. I do agree some of the subforums could be eliminated. Like why do we have a fun with trade ideas forum when we talk about the offseason in the NBA forum? We'll have to discuss this and maybe there are some that can be cleaned up.

The problem with cutting down to just a few forums is that our volume is pretty high and you could have a lot of posts getting lost on the 2nd+ pages. I check the forums pretty often (every few hours), but someone that only comes here once a day or less would miss out on half the posts.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Like why do we have a fun with trade ideas forum when we talk about the offseason in the NBA forum?
    I always thought of that distinction as being fantasy vs. reality.

The made up trades go one place (Fun with trade ideas) because some people don't like weeding through make-believe land to get to the factual stuff (like "legit" rumors and news) which is in the main NBA forum.

I'm trying to stay out of this discussion and just read and observe as much as I can.

Always open to good suggestions, as I'm sure the rest of the admins here are.
    Find a new slant.

True. especially this time of year when we have a zillion trade ideas.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    I hate the subforums. Love the rest of the setup though.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Not crazy about subforums, but don't care that much either way.

I started the Rev Wright thread for a good reason. It wasn't about the Dem race anymore. If someone didn't like it, all they had to do was communicate and we could have switched back.
    Players meeting my ASS!

+ Reply to Thread