+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Benzing

When will this get moved to the Terrordome? I keep waiting for some recruiting news when I see a new post in this thread and unfortunately its just a few laughs.

http://www.mgoblue.com/basketball-m/...aspx?id=111528

Harris on the All-Freshman team, no Spartans made it.

I provided the link, now you provide the recognition of being wrong.

Once again, I said that based on SIGNED recruits, Beilein has done as well if not better. You cannot guarantee all of Dantonio's commits will sign. If they do, great for you. Then let's see them play and not be busts. Even then, Javon Ringer was a great recruit that has yet to win a meaningful game.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    http://www.mgoblue.com/basketball-m/...aspx?id=111528

Harris on the All-Freshman team, no Spartans made it.

I provided the link, now you provide the recognition of being wrong.

Once again, I said that based on SIGNED recruits, Beilein has done as well if not better. You cannot guarantee all of Dantonio's commits will sign. If they do, great for you. Then let's see them play and not be busts. Even then, Javon Ringer was a great recruit that has yet to win a meaningful game.
    Of course Harris was on the All-Freshman team. He was the only real player on his team. More than anything, I think that award, albeit deserved, was a bone being thrown at the kid. Also, I would argue that Lucas performed equal to, if not better than, Harris in more situations against bigger, better competition on a much, much larger stage.

Your attempt at splitting hairs vis-a-vis signed recruits versus verbal comittments, is not only weak, but desperate. All of Dantonio`s recruits have shown nothing but complete alliegiance to him and MSU.

Face it Jethro, Dantonio is going to make MSU football very competitive and Bielein is just going to flounder with gimmicks and ill-conceived mismatches. Let us just watch the future play out and see who is more correct.

We can only speculate on who will flounder and who will succeed. They both bring with them resumes. Dantonio was decent against some bad competition. Beilein went to the NCAA tournament while competing in the Big East. If you plan to disregard the level of competition in the Big East, have more fun in your delusional world.

Now, one thing I will continue to do is prove your argument wrong with third party accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by bukdow
    Of course Harris was on the All-Freshman team. He was the only real player on his team. More than anything, I think that award, albeit deserved, was a bone being thrown at the kid. Also, I would argue that Lucas performed equal to, if not better than, Harris in more situations against bigger, better competition on a much, much larger stage.
    Oh you of little intelligence. Why must you torment us with your stupidity? Do you not realize that there is a quantitative measure of the quality of competition? It's called strength of schedule, and if you take a look at this website...
    http://www.teamrankings.com/ncb/27powerratings.php3
    ...you shall see that Michigan had the 5th most difficult schedule in the country. Meanwhile State was 76. Care to explain your fuzzy math? Of course you don't. Surely you will simply reply that my latest argument is even more ridiculous, all while ignoring fact.

You, sir, are a wart. We keep putting powders and creams and harsh chemicals on you and you disappear for a time, but you never really go away. No, we cannot kill the fungus that is bukdow. He is always there on the bottom of our feet, being trampled on by logic yet never changing.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Blog Entries
    You, sir, are a wart. We keep putting powders and creams and harsh chemicals on you and you disappear for a time, but you never really go away. No, we cannot kill the fungus that is bukdow. He is always there on the bottom of our feet, being trampled on by logic yet never changing.
    Poetic.

Blog Entries
    Wow, ownage.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Only the feud between Sgt. Slaughter and the Iron Sheik is more intense than bukdow and Jethro.

Remember when Sgt. Slaughter destroyed Combra Commander?

That was the shit.
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    We can only speculate on who will flounder and who will succeed. They both bring with them resumes. Dantonio was decent against some bad competition. Beilein went to the NCAA tournament while competing in the Big East. If you plan to disregard the level of competition in the Big East, have more fun in your delusional world.

Now, one thing I will continue to do is prove your argument wrong with third party accounts.

Oh you of little intelligence. Why must you torment us with your stupidity? Do you not realize that there is a quantitative measure of the quality of competition? It's called strength of schedule, and if you take a look at this website...
    http://www.teamrankings.com/ncb/27powerratings.php3
    ...you shall see that Michigan had the 5th most difficult schedule in the country. Meanwhile State was 76. Care to explain your fuzzy math? Of course you don't. Surely you will simply reply that my latest argument is even more ridiculous, all while ignoring fact.

Lucas` performance in the NCAA tournament (to which I was referring) was quite a coming out party. How did Harris do in the tournament? Also, how did Harris do against MSU? Or Harvard? Or, you get the idea. The reason the kid received recognition is because he is a good player, but moreso because he plays on a very weak team and is the only option.

Jethro, your blind ignorance and irrational love of a school you have zero connection to except as an icon of both your father`s love and rejection, may be something to behold in the circles that you travel. But, I`m telling you, your redundant retardedness is less then compelling.

And, as I stated earlier, your attempts at begrudging Dantonio the great start to his 2009 recruiting class is puerile and weak. Your arguments rely on hair-splitiing and self-narration.

German big man won't enroll at Michigan
    Posted by Jim Carty | The Ann Arbor News July 18, 2008 14:48PM
    Categories: Wolverines Basketball
    Michigan announced Friday afternoon that highly touted German big man Robin Benzing had failed to meet NCAA eligibility requirements and would not enroll at the school.

Coach John Beilein said in a statement Benzing could sign with a professional team this fall.

Benzing, a versatile 6-foot-10 forward, signed with Michigan in May and had been among the most anticipated recruits of Beilein's two-year tenure. Beilein had indicated in the past he expected the 19-year-old to enroll regardless of whether he was eligible to play this season.

The Michigan coach was not immediately available for comment Friday, but released a statement through the university:

"We felt Robin had a very good chance of qualification, but in the end the NCAA Eligibility Center found him to be just short of eligibility to receive a scholarship from any Division I university While we were aware of the risk involved with this signing and we are disappointed for Robin, it does not deter our confidence in finding the right student-athletes for the future of this basketball program.

"Robin is a fine young man and we will continue to provide him with the NCAA information he will need if he continues to pursue options in the United States. If he does not pursue these options, I assume he will begin playing at a professional level in Europe starting this fall."

The addition of Benzing - who had been compared to a young Dirk Nowitski - had eased the sting of losing sophomore forward Ekpe Udoh, who transferred to Baylor. Michigan is now left with only two scholarship big men - 6-foot-10 junior Zach Gibson and 7-foot freshman Ben Cronin - on the roster for this upcoming season.

+ Reply to Thread