+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Benzing

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    Check out this picture of Benzing and you'll know EXACTLY why he chose Michigan..........ADIDAS! Sucks on that, Nike SLAPPIES!

That kid is going to get mashed to a pulp in the Big Ten. Bielein is a joke.

He'll get mashed because he can't go toe-to-toe with Tom Herzog?

Epke Udoh got destroyed too.

Dipshit, you might want to keep in mind that, potentially, this kid has all the range of Neitzel, all the size of Herzog, and all the speed of Morgan. Obviously he's not going to be the best of those three, but unless your goal is to get past the first game of the NCAA tourney he should do fine. The other 3 struggled with that goal at times, but he just might be up to the challenge. Try to put your average SF on him and see how that goes. What will they do, post up against him with his long arms? Try to beat him off the dribble, when he allegedly has above average speed and movement? How will they challenge his outside shot? He could possibly be in the game at the same time as two other bigs. He's not going to UM as a C.

So please, explain to me how he would get mashed to a pulp while skinny guys like Manny Harris, who your fellow spartans said would be horrible yet he outperformed each of your heralded, underachieving freshmen, can be successful.

Try to follow my run-on sentence if you will. It's not Harpers material but I think you and you 13-year-old girlfriend can keep up.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Jethro, we'll have to wait and see on Dirk Jr., but I'm loving your unity nukes!

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

He'll get mashed because he can't go toe-to-toe with Tom Herzog?

Epke Udoh got destroyed too.

Dipshit, you might want to keep in mind that, potentially, this kid has all the range of Neitzel, all the size of Herzog, and all the speed of Morgan. Obviously he's not going to be the best of those three, but unless your goal is to get past the first game of the NCAA tourney he should do fine. The other 3 struggled with that goal at times, but he just might be up to the challenge. Try to put your average SF on him and see how that goes. What will they do, post up against him with his long arms? Try to beat him off the dribble, when he allegedly has above average speed and movement? How will they challenge his outside shot? He could possibly be in the game at the same time as two other bigs. He's not going to UM as a C.

So please, explain to me how he would get mashed to a pulp while skinny guys like Manny Harris, who your fellow spartans said would be horrible yet he outperformed each of your heralded, underachieving freshmen, can be successful.

Try to follow my run-on sentence if you will. It's not Harpers material but I think you and you 13-year-old girlfriend can keep up.
    You know, at this point, I just feel sorry for you. Your father thinks you are second-rate because you went to SVSU, therefore, you try to fill the gap by exhibiting an embarrassingly, fanatical support of UM sports.

Jethro, do you really think this kid has the "range of Neitzel, the size of Herzog and the speed of Morgan"? If the kid had those attributes this early, he would be courted by more than just Bielein. You make the kid out to be a German superman. Do you suppose eugenics were involved in the construction of this hardwood hero?

Seriously, Jethro, you sound like an idiot.

Ok, Neitzel's range got him a whopping 40% from the field for his career, so that's not saying much. Herzog's size - he's almost there in height, maybe a year behind in weight. Morgan's speed. Um, I can outrun Morgan so that's also not saying much. I was ripping the hell out of your heroes more than I was hyping Benzing.

The point I was making, is your shoot-first PG can only hit 2 out of 5 shots and yet he was a preseason All-American. Your SF is not fast and yet he's the team leading scorer. (did I mention that he's soft and heartless?) The guy anointed to replace your usual red-headed white stiff weighed 120 lbs coming out of HS but no one i stalking about him getting beat down.

So, for you to rip this kid before he plays a game is retarded. That's my point. Mike Hart was a 3 star and he made your school look like a practice squad and laughed at them in the meantime. You might want to learn from that. He didn't have speed, size, or experience from playing at the highest level of competition. He still proved all your predictions wrong.

Ok, Neitzel's range got him a whopping 40% from the field for his career, so that's not saying much. Herzog's size - he's almost there in height, maybe a year behind in weight. Morgan's speed. Um, I can outrun Morgan so that's also not saying much. I was ripping the hell out of your heroes more than I was hyping Benzing.

The point I was making, is your shoot-first PG can only hit 2 out of 5 shots and yet he was a preseason All-American. Your SF is not fast and yet he's the team leading scorer. (did I mention that he's soft and heartless?) The guy anointed to replace your usual red-headed white stiff weighed 120 lbs coming out of HS but no one i stalking about him getting beat down.

So, for you to rip this kid before he plays a game is retarded. That's my point. Mike Hart was a 3 star and he made your school look like a practice squad and laughed at them in the meantime. You might want to learn from that. He didn't have speed, size, or experience from playing at the highest level of competition. He still proved all your predictions wrong.
    You were not making a point at all. All you were/are doing was/is talking out of your ass. You make no sense and you lack the ability to make any rational assessment of anything MSU/UM related. You are a comically typical wannabe Wolverine goofball.

As far as Hart goes, I said he would not be a first day pick and may not be picked at all while bootlicks like you were claiming he was the best RB in the country and a realistic first round pick. Looks like I was much nearer to being correct. You may want to learn something from that.

You say I make no sense and I cannot make a rational comment.

I say Neitzel shoots 40% for his career.

Fact: 4 years at MSU - year by year FG%: 38.1%, 40.8%, 42.6%, 40.5%.
    Who is right? I commented on this kids range. According to European prospects.com "In the U19 NBBL league, he averaged 22.5pts, 5.9rebs and 2.0blks while shooting 62.1% from 2 and 37.3% from 3."

Relative to my comments about Morgan, Draft Express wrote: "it’s pretty remarkable to see a 6-10 guy like Benzing putting the ball on the floor as easily as he does." When writing about Morgan they said: "He still struggles handling the ball when forced to put the ball on the floor more than two or three times in a straight line, lacking any creativity off of the bounce."

I commented on size in relation to Herzog. According to Rivals.com, Herzog was 6'11", 215 lbs when he committed to MSU. Draft Express lists Benzing at 6'10", 210 lbs.

All sites refer to him as a SF. In European competition he has been named to several All-Star squads and defensive teams.

You are counting him out because he is not highly sought after. Thus my Mike Hart comparison. In this thread: http://wtfdetroit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12274
    It is titled "Remember what I said about Mike Hart?" followed by "I said he might not even be drafted. Well, others are starting to think that, too."
    You were wrong then, as 50 players were taken after Hart and he ended up with a team one year removed from a Super Bowl ring.

You may want to consider the reason Benzing, like Hart, was not highly sought out is due to size, competition level, and being too raw. That was the argument and your inability to understand it does not diminish it as a point.

He's not in the draft because, being raw, he obviously needs to work on his game, fill out, and polish his skills in a different atmosphere. He wasn't offered by an amazing number of schools because few schools had the scholarships to give at that point, those that did were scrambling to get high school players - guys that could potentially make an impact THIS year, not be an eligibility issue. The fact that Beilein has more patience than the other coaches with scholarships in hand should not be a criticism of Benzings potential.

Jethro,

"Dipshit, you might want to keep in mind that, potentially, this kid has all the range of Neitzel, all the size of Herzog, and all the speed of Morgan. Obviously he's not going to be the best of those three, but unless your goal is to get past the first game of the NCAA tourney he should do fine. The other 3 struggled with that goal at times, but he just might be up to the challenge. Try to put your average SF on him and see how that goes. What will they do, post up against him with his long arms? Try to beat him off the dribble, when he allegedly has above average speed and movement? How will they challenge his outside shot?"

I just don`t know how an entire team, let alone a single player, can hope to stop this immensely talented prospect. I heard from Dotman that this kid actually turned down the Lakers just so he could play in Bielein`s system. A system, mind you, that will bring out the absolute best in this exceptionally talented young man. A Michigan Man, just like you, Jethro. Oops, sorry about that, Jethro. Hey, I`m sure they sell blue and yellow Adidas in Bay City.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bukdow
    Bielein is a joke.

He's the 'Mark Dantonio' of Big Ten Basketball...

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    He's the 'Mark Dantonio' of Big Ten Basketball...
    Even by the very low standards you have already set, that was weak.

Dantonio is a very good coach that is turning around a dysfunctional program and has already shown considerable progress. Bielein is a gimmicky coach that has yet to show any progress, either in on court performance or recruiting.

+ Reply to Thread