+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10
FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 2008 WTF User NBA Mock Draft (Teams have been assigned, developing the ground rules)

I can do Boston if its the only team left. We just played them so I actually know their roster and needs a bit.
    _

Blog Entries
    updated

Atlantic Division
    Boston Celtics ZEKYL
    New Jersey Nets WTFCHRIS
    New York Knicks GLENN
    Philadelphia 76ers DEFROCKED
    Toronto Raptors LOSPISTONES

Central Division
    Chicago Bulls CROSS
    Cleveland Cavaliers LEDEZMA
    Detroit Pistons LAXATION
    Indiana Pacers LAXATION
    Milwaukee Bucks HERMY

Southeast Division
    Atlanta Hawks OOBIR
    Charlotte Bobcats GLENN
    Miami Heat WIZZLE
    Orlando Magic JTURBO
    Washington Wizards SHAGS

Southwest Division
    Dallas Mavericks OOBIR
    Houston Rockets HERMY
    Memphis Grizzlies DEFROCKED
    New Orleans Hornets WIZZLE
    San Antonio Spurs HERMY

Northwest Division
    Denver Nuggets DEFROCKED
    Minnesota Timberwolves JTURBO
    Portland Trail Blazers LOSPISTONES
    Seattle/OKC SuperSonics CROSS
    Utah Jazz WTFCHRIS

Pacific Division
    Golden State Warriors DBTM
    Los Angeles Clippers WTFCHRIS
    Los Angeles Lakers GLENN
    Phoenix Suns LOSPISTONES
    Sacramento Kings LEDEZMA
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Okay, here are some ideas, you guys can take them and improve them or propose something else all together.

--Sub forum, just like last year, only each team gets a thread (started by the assigned GM).

--In your thread, you lay out the current roster, your assessment of team needs, etc.

--Others can post advice or their won thoughts, but it's up to you what you do with that info.

--When you are on the clock, you post your pick in your thread, in bold, red text.

Questions:

--We're not going to try and do this live, I assume, logistical nightmare and we won't get everyone online at the same time. So, how long do we give each team that is "on the clock"? What do we do if the assigned GM doesn't show for a day or two?

The draft is on 6/26, which is in 2 weeks, so that is the window that we have to work with.
    This looks good. I think it's best to get started on threads/needs ASAP. Each GM will be responsible for starting their own thread. With 2 weeks left we'll have to be pretty quick on drafting. That's 10 business days, so we need 6 teams to draft a day to get 2 rounds in. I think we should just post a schedule of teams for that day (and divide the day up into hours). If you haven't picked when your time is up, we'll have to do some sort of auto pick. I don't want to skip teams because the mock will suck then. we'll have to go by Ford's rankings or something.

I am on all day (from 8-4 Moutain time), Glenn is on a lot during the day too. If your time falls when you cannot be on here to make a pick, PM us both your list of top 5 to draft and we'll pick the highest one when you are on the clock. Also, if 6 teams have picked and you are next go ahead and post your pick (don't wait for the next day). Same goes for not having to wait for your time slot if you are on the clock.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Glenn, can you make the forum? I'll post the schedule after that (if that is cool with you).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Glenn, can you make the forum? I'll post the schedule after that (if that is cool with you).
    http://wtfdetroit.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=86

Do as you wish, I'm spent.

Blog Entries
    Has anyone done anything similar to this (format) on other sites?

Blog Entries
    I just saw something similar to this on that god awful Sports Inferno site.

It looks like a disaster, but a lot of that could be because not all of the teams got assigned and they are allowing trades (not only picks, but players).

Could there be any potential in allowing trades? (either before, during and/or after the draft?)

Blog Entries
    Yep, the rare Texas Hat Trick of posting.

If anyone wants to join late (before we start) I'm sure that some of us would give up our 3rd teams, including me.

Just ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I just saw something similar to this on that god awful Sports Inferno site.

It looks like a disaster, but a lot of that could be because not all of the teams got assigned and they are allowing trades (not only picks, but players).

Could there be any potential in allowing trades? (either before, during and/or after the draft?)
    We did it on TOS for the NFL draft. It worked OK, but there was some difficulty on people showing up to make picks. People frequent this site a lot more than the NFL site on there though.

I say trades are allowed, but must be completed, announced and pick must still be made within the time slot for that pick. Since we have no value chart, please be realistic or it will be vetoed somehow. Just don't get out of control on them and I think we'll be ok. Since both GM's would have to sign off on it they shouldn't be lopsided badly.

Plus we can have polls grading each team/GM at the end too. Maybe even some bonus alpacas for the best grades. Either we'll do a site poll or maybe elect someone to grade all the picks.

I'm honestly surprised you guys didn't MAKE me do Cleveland.
    _

+ Reply to Thread