+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10
FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 2008 WTF User NBA Mock Draft (Teams have been assigned, developing the ground rules)

I'll take on either as a 4th team if nobody bites.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I'll take Houston as a 3rd.

When does this thing start?

I guess as soon as we can. This is Glenn's pet so he can decide. I would say there is no reason to wait since we have the combine results already.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Shags or DTBM need to take Boston. I'll PM them.

Blog Entries
    we're doing both rounds correct? nobody followed up on that...

yes indeed. If you don't know much about the 2nd round players just base your picks of how they are rated by scouts.

I'm terrible at breaking down a particular team. I'm only good for light input. I'll just be that guy leaving comments for everyone. I just don't follow other teams enough.
    _

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    I'm terrible at breaking down a particular team. I'm only good for light input. I'll just be that guy leaving comments for everyone. I just don't follow other teams enough.
    Can you at least take Boston? It's the only team left.

Blog Entries
    So, how do you guys want to do this?

I got nothing.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Okay, here are some ideas, you guys can take them and improve them or propose something else all together.

--Sub forum, just like last year, only each team gets a thread (started by the assigned GM).

--In your thread, you lay out the current roster, your assessment of team needs, etc.

--Others can post advice or their own thoughts, but it's up to you what you do with that info.

--When you are on the clock, you post your pick in your thread, in bold, red text.

Questions:

--We're not going to try and do this live, I assume, logistical nightmare and we won't get everyone online at the same time. So, how long do we give each team that is "on the clock"? What do we do if the assigned GM doesn't show for a day or two?

The draft is on 6/26, which is in 2 weeks, so that is the window that we have to work with.
    Last edited by Glenn; 06-12-2008 at 04:46 PM.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread