+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Amare/Sheed

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

quote:
    If Kerr and assistant GM David Griffin do trade Stoudemire, a four-time All-Star, they want a combination of expiring contracts, a talented young player – preferably a forward – and draft picks

Amare for Sheed, Amir + 1st round pick

I'm not sure that is enough unless he's pretty high on Amir.

I would think they'd also want to move Shaq if possible so they could have cap space next year to sign Boozer. maybe throw AI and Shaq in there and they'd do it.

They'd have Nash, Barnes, JRich, Boozer and Amir starting with Barbosa as 6th man, plus a couple picks in the mix.

We'd still have the space to sign Bosh BTW with Shaq's deal off the books.

Stuckey/RIP/Tay/Amare/Bosh would be ridiculous.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Stuckey/RIP/Tay/Amare/Bosh would be ridiculous.
    Yeah, that would be secks.

Sheed, 2 of our 2009 picks plus Affalo and Maxiell for Amare.

Sheed starts next to Shaq and can pretend to be Robert Horry. Max and Affalo add to their bench and the Suns don't suck at the Draft so they could get some more youth.

Best of all for Phoenix: They clear a bucket load of cap in the next 2 years so they can be major players in the 2010 free agent class.

Is it just me or do the Suns always seem to have a ton of money to spend when the best free agent classes are up for grabs? They some smart fuckers.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

So the two trades that just got proposed are:

Shaq/Amare for Sheed/AI/Amir/picks

and

Amare for Sheed/Afflalo/Max/Picks

I'd do either of those. If they didn't think they were getting enough in the first one you can offer to add in either Max or Afflalo.

I'd like this one but I don't think they'll take it. They'd rather have Amir than Max, I'm sure. Plus, this would leave us with an extremely thin bench
    Trade Results

We'd be:
    Stuckey/Bynum
    Rip/?? - Acker?
    Tay/Herrmann
    Amare/McDyess or Amir
    Shaq/McDyess or Amir

They'd be:
    Nash
    Bell
    Hill
    Max
    Sheed
    _

Blog Entries
    Shaq and Amare aren't working together in Phoenix, who is suggesting that they be traded together?
    Find a new slant.

I am. Who cares? It would only be another year and then Shaq is done. Perhaps they don't work there because half the team is run and gun and Shaq is not.

I'd do the deal without him too. I just figured they might want the cap space this coming year so they can replace Amare with Boozer.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Amare wants to get the hell away from Shaq.

That wouldn't be getting things off on the right foot here.
    Find a new slant.

What about a 3 way deal that sends Shaq to Dallas and Kidd here instead?

Sheed, Max/Amir, AI to Suns...Kidd, Amare here...Shaq to Dallas.

Might need a little filler, but it should work.

Dallas needs a real center to take pressure off Dirk. Terry can simply start in place of Kidd. Suns get boatloads of cap space and two vets to try and make a run this year. We get Amare and Kidd's expiring deal. Plus he'd probably be willing to come off the bench and could actually get them good looks at the basket.

Trade Machine results

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?

+ Reply to Thread