+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Amare/Sheed

and shooting..barbosa and hayes will just wanna chuck 3's.

and our backup center has like 22 minutes of experience.

might have to say no to that one.

So no comments on my version?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I couldn't even pretend to be as good as you guys in all of this but, why would Kerr ever want to trade Amare for Sheed? What does Sheed offer over Amare at this point in their careers? And with Sheed, Shaq and Hill as their frontline? I'd crack some Medicare joke, but it wouldn't be funny and totally ironic since I'm 36.

Blog Entries
    Very ironic.

Right, Mo?
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitexport
    I couldn't even pretend to be as good as you guys in all of this but, why would Kerr ever want to trade Amare for Sheed? What does Sheed offer over Amare at this point in their careers? And with Sheed, Shaq and Hill as their frontline? I'd crack some Medicare joke, but it wouldn't be funny and totally ironic since I'm 36.
    He wouldn't trade Amare for Sheed. That's why I modified it. In mine he is trading Amare and Bell for Sheed, Maggs and moving up in the draft 8 spots. At #8 they could add one of the best big men in the draft to replace Shaq/Sheed eventually. Also keep in mind they traded for Shaq to win the title. They fell way short, so how are they going to improve this year? Trade away Shaq? Nope. With Sheed they would have a big man to compliment Shaq on the offensive end (clearing the paint out for him). Sheed also allows Shaq to play more help defense and less man defense on good scoring big men. Maggs gives them a better weapon when Barbosa is not out there.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Shaq was supposed to compliment Amare. I don't think many are under the illusion that Shaq can be the center of your team. He showed he's done with that role in MIA.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Bill Simmons seems to think a Sheed/Amare trade would be great for both sides, a couple other The Sports Guy suggested was Billups/Arenas and Sheed/Camby...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    Shaq was supposed to compliment Amare. I don't think many are under the illusion that Shaq can be the center of your team. He showed he's done with that role in MIA.

Nash and Shaq don't have much left in the tank, if PHX is going to win a title, they're going to have to do it in the next two seasons, after that, if they still don't have a ring, Kerr, Shaq, Nash will all be gone and PHX will fade back into oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    That was a foolish line of thought that some experts had. Shaq was supposed to move Amare back to PF and allow Amare to attack against smaller players. I don't think their skill sets mesh though. Both need to operate in the paint to succeed. Most teams with a good post scorer like to have a good jump shooting big next to them. Boozer and Okur are a solid combo because their styles are different. TD and D Rob worked well because they could hit jump shots and play in the paint. KG and Perkins work well together because Perkins is a banger and KG a jump shooter.

+ Reply to Thread