+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19
FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2008 Pistons Las Vegas Summer League thread

Walter Sharpe is 6'10" but handles the ball like a guard. He's definitely got a future as a small forward.

If he puts some weight on, I can see Lamar Odom comparisons being realistic.

Pistons win another laugher. Afflalo's the dominant player this time. 25 points on %80 shooting.

Sharpe guarded Thornton the entire game, and held him to 5/18 shooting. He also was able to play some point-forward at 6'10."

His jumper needs work, but he's looking like a legit player.

Samb is looking more like Rik Smits now than Mutombo, which isn't all bad.

His shot blocking has gone way down, but his offensive skills have gone way up. He's very comfortable in the offense now.

He's got a nice jump hook he can use anywhere out to 12 feet, and he still has that face-up jumper.

Stuckey didn't play well tonight, but he played hard. Amir I think doesn't really care about being there.

Will Bynam has got to be turning heads with his defense and scoring. His passing blows, but as long as he plays that great defense, he's likely going to be our 3rd PG if Joe doesn't bring anyone else in. He has some Lindsey Hunter in his game.

if we make no trades what are we looking at here?

billups
    rip
    sheed
    prince
    dice
    stuckey
    j-max
    amir
    afflalo
    sharpe
    vet SF/SG with portion of MLE
    ratliff
    samb
    bynum
    maybe hunter?

who else am i forgetting?

OK i figure we'll sign at least 1 more vet and (hopefully) make a trade. but i'm just trying to look at who we potentially have for our 15 man roster.

we're going to make a trade, so it's really a scenario that isn't being planned for.

I don't anticipate Lindsey comign back. If he is, then it's as a 4th point guard. He'd even be behind Bynam.

Deandre Jordan sure would've looked good in the Pistons red, white and blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Pistons win another laugher. Afflalo's the dominant player this time. 25 points on %80 shooting.

Sharpe guarded Thornton the entire game, and held him to 5/18 shooting. He also was able to play some point-forward at 6'10."

His jumper needs work, but he's looking like a legit player.

Samb is looking more like Rik Smits now than Mutombo, which isn't all bad.

His shot blocking has gone way down, but his offensive skills have gone way up. He's very comfortable in the offense now.

He's got a nice jump hook he can use anywhere out to 12 feet, and he still has that face-up jumper.

Stuckey didn't play well tonight, but he played hard. Amir I think doesn't really care about being there.

Will Bynam has got to be turning heads with his defense and scoring. His passing blows, but as long as he plays that great defense, he's likely going to be our 3rd PG if Joe doesn't bring anyone else in. He has some Lindsey Hunter in his game.

Yeah, samb looked like he was told to play a different role than we're accustomed to seeing from him. Like Dyess in our 5 man rotation.

stucky and Amir were both deferring.

Clips never looked to be running plays, and had no one on the perimeter to break us down. Not worth showing up for these guys.

Al Thornton is a quality NBA player, and Sharpe kept him from getting to the rim...

Quote Originally Posted by JackTalkThai
    Deandre Jordan sure would've looked good in the Pistons red, white and blue.

Sharpe looks better. Jordan has the basketball IQ of a turtle.

He looked good today on wide open dunks. The more you watch him player the crappier he looks. This is how he went from a top-10 pick to the mid 2nd round in a span of a month. The guy just has no skills at all.

When the season starts, Jordan is not going to get those scramble baskets, and Walter's defense and dribbling abilities will both still be there. I'm much happier to have Sharpe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Sharpe looks better.

Couldn't we have had both though?

in all seriousness, are our young kids really getting better beating up on teams that are nearly all made up of a bunch of nobodies?

i guess it's good for guys like sharpe who haven't been in an nba environment with nba coaching.

and maybe it's more for us to evaluate how they work to improve and handle the situation. but it kind of seems that the stat lines are completely meaningless, even moreso than usual, considering who they're going against.

+ Reply to Thread