+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Some overly dramatic thoughts on the Pistons and the youngsters

I can't handle going through more years of watching the Pistons win but knowing they will never win the Championship. I mean, call me spoiled, but it's boring to watch a team that will never improve. I loved the Carlisle years because even though I knew we were going to get beat, the Pistons were on their way up. Every year was a next step for them. And then they skipped a step by winning the championship with Larry Brown.

Ever since Larry left, there has been no improvement from the players or the team. I'm not saying go back and get Larry, I'm saying make it exciting again. The overall goal is a championship, because that's what is remembered. And if it's a year or two or three of rebuilding and missing the playoffs, I'm fine with it as long as Dumars has a plan, which I know he will. Don't get down on Dumars just yet, because this is where he shows what kind of a GM he is.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

At this point, you can just assume that I share MoTowns opinion.
    STEW BEEF!

I agree with it as well, except one point. Some players have improved, but most of them have not. Stuckey is improving, Max has improved and RIP has improved. I can't really say that Flip is the reason for that improvement though. I'd rather have a few down years before having a legit chance again than mediocrity. I still think we'd be good enough to make the playoffs even if we blew the team up (because we have enough talent to trade away). I doubt we'd go back down to the 32-50 days again.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread