+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12
FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Pistons Offseason Thread

And also we don't have a Minny #1. We have their second rounder.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Don't trade Maxiell!

I am really hoping he doesn't get thrown in as filler in a trade OR traded for a pick. Why trade a known commodity unless you know the guy you want will be there?

After Stuckey and Dice, Max is the last Piston I want to see go. Of course, thats my inner fan talking, not my inner GM. Hell, in that trade scenario, don't even get new backup for Tay. Just alternate three guard lineups with a few three big man, zone lineups and get Stuckey, Max, Amir, and AA a little extra time.

That said, I do like the trade to Phoenix, but does Kerr really want to bet his job on Sheed? That's the kind of trade that requires owner approval, Marion then Amare and Barbosa?

I'd trade Max if a Sheed trade brings us a defensive oriented big (like Camby). If we have an offensive minded big (say Brand or something) come here, then Max may compliment him well.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    I just don't want Max to start, I love his effort, but he gets exposed when he plays more than 20 minutes...

I don't question his heart and effort, but he's simply too small to be a 40 mpg, PF...

I don't question Maxiell's heart. I question his IQ.

Agreed, I'd prefer to keep him and send him out there 20 minutes a night off the bench to put up offense and hustle plays.

I just don't ever want him in a position where he has to make crucial decisions, because he almost always makes the wrong one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    And also we don't have a Minny #1. We have their second rounder.
    Yeah I meant that...

Quote Originally Posted by IronManKind
    Don't trade Maxiell!
    Aside from him, the only young good prospects we have are Amir and Stuckey - and I really don't want to see them go cheaply, if at all.
    If teams are giving away their best player, they are going to need something other than 1 expiring contract in return, or an aging PG.

j-max has made mistakes, sure. but i don't think his basketball IQ is bad. he's still developing and i've seen him improve his decision making a lot. i've also seen 'stars' like sheed, rip, and billups have complete mental lapses too and make stupid decisions.

he's not larry bird out there (high b-ball IQ) but i don't feel he's a liability with regards to that.

that being said, i agree that he gets worn down with more than 30 minutes out there. i'm hoping we see him play somewhere in the 25-28 min. range and for amir to pick up some of those minutes too. obviously it depends who else is brought in.

i'm not necessarily opposed to starting maxiell though- he often sets the tone when he starts and seems to fuel our other starters from the tipoff. we can still limit his minutes down the stretch somewhat. but i am not against him starting.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    If Elton Brand opts out, What are the odds of him getting maxed out coming off an injury? I'd love to sign him, but dont know how likely it is.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    on the maxiell baskeball iq thing, i think he's fine mentally. You dont have to tell him to work hard and he's improved his game every year. He's also played much smarter on offense. But if Joe wants him out, then so be it. I can only hope he has an idea of the structure of this team in his mind.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by Codename V
    If Elton Brand opts out, What are the odds of him getting maxed out coming off an injury? I'd love to sign him, but dont know how likely it is.
    Impossible to get him for the MLE, especially with our front court depth (why wouldn't he pick Houston, Boston or some other place with more minutes for him?). Even with the injuries he'll get 10 mil+ somewhere. You'd have to do a S&T with the Clippers for Billups and a big I would think. They'd also have to agree to it, and Brand would have to be on board.

+ Reply to Thread