• Spurs in 6

3 37.50%
  • Spurs in 7

0 0%
  • I hate the Spurs

4 50.00%
  • I don't hate the Spurs

4 50.00%
  • The Spurs are DONE. (They will not win another ring with this core)

4 50.00%
  • The Spurs are not DONE. (They'll get another)

1 12.50%
  • MoTown owns

7 87.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Western Conference Finals: Spurs (DONE.?) vs. Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    The San Antonio Sterns win tonight by 16.
    Lakers by 5.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Look for the Sterns to shoot anywhere from 10-15 more free throws than the Lakers.
    Find a new slant.

I'm looking for Odom to wake up (6 of 12 for 18 points, 10 rebounds and 5 assists), TD to play hard while getting a tech (26 points and 16 rebounds) and Manu to come back down earth (more like 6 of 13 for 21 points).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    LOL@Stern

Joey Crawford doing another Spurs playoff game, at home no less.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    LOL@Stern

Joey Crawford doing another Spurs playoff game, at home no less.
    Joey Crawford might not get out of that city alive after tonight. My...God..... He is treading death threat territory.
    Hype?

i don't like ticky-tack fouls being called. i like the players to play and the refs to swallow their whistles on the last posession in particular. BUT that foul on barry HAD to be called. not in the act but he should've been at the line for 2 shots IMO.

unfortunately the way the nba is these days, you don't get those foul calls unless you dramatize the foul by diving to the floor like you've been shot. if barry had done that the game would've gone to OT after he hit his 2 FTs.

spurs are on the ropes now. oh well...

Blog Entries
    It's official.

Blog Entries
    I wonder if the fans in SA are acting like us Pistons fans (Blow up the team, Fire Pops, etc.) then again it's wrong for me to compare us to SA, they're core won 3 titles, we won 1...

I'm not here...

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    AAAAAAhahahahahahah! This almost makes me start liking the Lakers.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8191542#

Among the several motivational ploys used by coach Phil Jackson was a pre-game screening of Alec Baldwin's famous speech from "Glengarry Glen Ross." The movie, you might recall, features Baldwin as a real estate hustler, though in the minds of his underlings — all of them semi-broken salesmen — he might as well have been the prince of darkness.

"You know what it takes?" he asks, reaching into his attaché case to display two metallic spheres dangling from a string. "Brass balls ...

"The money's out there, you pick it up. You don't, I got no sympathy for you. You want to go out and close ... close! It's yours. If not, you'll be shining my shoes ..."

"Always be closing," Jackson said Thursday afternoon. Apparently, what holds true for David Mamet's real estate hustlers applies to ballplayers as well. "It's the way it is in this game."

Some hours later, after Jackson's Lakers had concluded an improbably lopsided 4-1 trouncing of the defending champions in the Western Conference finals, Kobe Bryant was asked if the film had been effective.

"We got the message," he said.

+ Reply to Thread