View Poll Results: SDB loves the poop chute. And here is an unrelated poll.

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Detroit Wins

15 62.50%
  • Boston Wins (Laimbeer is coming for you bitch)

4 16.67%
  • Motown Owns

3 12.50%
  • David Stern Owns : (

2 8.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 193
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: Boston Celtics VS Detroit Pistons. (Heroic)

Can we do conditional predictions...you know..."if our defense shows up, then..."
    Players meeting my ASS!

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Rondo's been pretty impressive in the playoffs from what I have seen.
    against pg's who haven't shown much no matter whose been in between him and cassel. I think billups brings him back to earth.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

we have to split the first two, or we won't win the series.

(yes i'm aware THEORETICALLY we can win being down 0-2, and many teams do it, but the point is I dont believe we can do it against a good team. maybe push it to a tough 6 or 7 then lose).

It won't let me edit my post. I wasn't aware this forum had an time limit on that.

Hype?

it feels like we haven't played in a month. i'm dying for game 1 to get started already. i REALLY hope we come out and steal this first one. it's a perfect opportunity to steal one from them, given that they're coming off back to back 7 game series and only 1 day's rest.

we NEED 1 of these first 2.

I understand all of the gotta win 1 of 2 at their place, but if there is any year that doesn't hold true, it seems to be this year.

I could see us losing the first 2 and bouncing back with a 2-2 tie after 4.

Game 5 could be very interesting.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    we need to win two in boston. Get this series over with and hope the west finals goes 7 games too.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

oh no doubt- we could certainly come back from a 2-0 deficet. just protect homecourt and steal either game 5 or 7 on the road. that's very doable for this battle tested piston team. spurs just did it to the hornets.

but sometimes the mental focus and emotional energy used up in overcoming a situation like that can drain a team as the series goes deeper and- if you advance- going into the next series also. at least, that's my theory.

yes we do well with our backs against the wall. but sometimes we dig too deep a hole for ourselves and then fall apart towards the end. i'd rather we set the tone early and hopefully put our stamp on the series from the start.

in reality, that's probably wishful thinking. but i'd feel better if we won 1 of the first 2 and then at least had the CHANCE to go up 3-1 at home. (chances are with this team, if we steal one on the road early we'll probably give one back at home shortly thereafter, and will have to steal another road game anyway!)

I'd love to see us steal one in game one. ray allens been shooting worse than lindsey hunter in these playoffs. keep rondo in check and we should be able to stop these overhyped fucks.

pistons in 6

+ Reply to Thread