View Poll Results: SDB loves the poop chute. And here is an unrelated poll.

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Detroit Wins

15 62.50%
  • Boston Wins (Laimbeer is coming for you bitch)

4 16.67%
  • Motown Owns

3 12.50%
  • David Stern Owns : (

2 8.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 193
FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 130 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: Boston Celtics VS Detroit Pistons. (Heroic)

It was poor shooting. You don't have to look much past 42% to 52% in order to understand what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    I thought we played a lil timid tonight. Are we intimidated by these fucks?

I sure as hell hope not.
    I was kind of thinking the same thing. I mean geez, the flipping Hawks weren't shook by these guys. Although, I guess they did get toasted pretty bad at the "New Garden" everytime.

We are starting to look like the basketball's Atlanta Braves.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

kg had way too many open jumpers

Quote Originally Posted by Codename V
    Things to improve for game 2:

Sheed has to play better in the post. just didnt really do what he should have.

Dyess has to defend kg. KG is just fading away anyways, i'd prefer a more physical presence on him.

The defense by all our bigs was bad even against Perkins when he shot it. Got to step it up.

This is a series where we are by far better in the back court. Billups and Hamilton have to be primary options on offense. We did a horrific job of using that to our advantage. Theres no legit excuse by Billups or Flip as to why he only had 4 shots by the 4th quarter with rondo and Ray Allen on him.

Stuckey has to shoot like he's not afraid to miss(Hunter will shoot if you sag on him, stuckey must do the same)

The rotation was horrible. Billups shouldnt sit that long with that much rest and hopefully the "we are better with stuckey" thing will fall to the reality of Boston being a bigger deal than Orlando's garbage pg's.

Things I noticed:
    For all his energy Rondo is a foolish idiot, he can and should be abused more often in this series.

Pierce is living off pick and rolls along with ISO's. But he a sloppy dribbler. He also has look bad finishing at the rim. I personally think help defense should look out for the pass more often with his drives.

Eddie House is garbage.

KG will get his all series, i dont care though. Just play him straight up and live with it i say.

The Celts are allowed to foul too damn much in the paint. Outside the paint it was called pretty tight, but inside Joey swallowed his whistled a lil' too much.

The Celts have no legit SG presence on defense. I think the 2 pg rotation can really dig into them if stuckey takes a more assertive role with him and hunter in there.
    I agree with these points. I have watched most of the C's games this season (NBA season pass) and it's funny that KG plays like a fucking pussy against everyone but the Pistons. (fucking tool) It shouldn't concern the Pistons too much though because that keeps Pierce from getting hot like the Cleveland game 7 and if KG is the go-to guy then the Celtics are fucked because KG is a fucking choker in the playoffs esp in the 4th quarter.

Pierce does need to be challenged more when he tries to run the pick and roll. He is notorious for losing the ball in that situation and for some reason teams have stopped pressuring him when he is making his "dribble through 3 players" move.

Where is the Billups iso/post-up of Rondo? They should run that the whole first quarter till Rondo picks up 2 fouls or the C's change their defense to stop it. I expected to see Chauncey stick his big ass into Rondo and destroy him.

I'm not worried but it sucks to watch guys like Rip and Tay dribble up court w/o looking to see if anyone is behind them to swipe the ball. The Celtics live on their defense and the ball should never be held casually. Sheed got his pocket picked while he was fucking around trying to set up (PJ I think) for his mid-range jumper and there's Sheed holding the ball out and not being cognisant of what the fuck was going on around him. That kind of shit is what needs to be cleaned up if the Pistons want to steal one in Boston and they MUST get one in Boston.

I really enjoyed that "wired up" shot of Flip motivating his troops during a timeout.... he sounded like some third rate gym coach during P.E. Contrast to Gregg Popovich during HIS wired up shot, and even an infant could tell the difference between a champion and a journeyman.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    In all fairness he's not coaching against a guy on Poppovich's level though.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Doc Rivers wasn't any better. Both those guys sounded like cliche high school coaches. Here's the speech "Rebound, rebound, rebound..." WOW that's fucking ground breaking.

I'm not a Flip hater, though. I just remember telling my wife "What's so special about what these guys are saying?"

+ Reply to Thread