+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Some observations

Some observations

Whats goin on fellas I'm new to this forum, I actually found it by spending so much damn time lurking on the mlive site, mostly posting on articles and such. I love to discuss NBA basketball with intelligent knowledgeable people who actually know a thing or two and don't just talk out of there arse!

Anyhow, I was wondering, did anybody notice how the pistons seemed spry, energetic and possessed that killer instinct while playing without Chauncey?

Let me just make it clear, I am a HUGE Chauncey fan, however, sometimes he slows the game down a little bit too much especially when one of the guys is feeling it. The way RIP (I hold my breathe every time he dribbles) and Tay were running the floor on most possessions and taking it right to the rack (a la Rip's 16 ft's) was such a hard offense to stop. I don't know, I guess I just liked the tempo and energy level they showed in the last two games and the fact that they were taking right at Orlando.

When Chauncey is in the game it seems like we slow it down (which is obviously advantageous for the pistons especially in the playoffs) and settle for jumpers. I pray that Chauncey goes right at the ECF opposing PG because neither of them has the size to stop him!

Anyhow, sorry for the long post, and I look forward to some good discussions.

By the way I go to school here in Philly but I'm from Flint, so I had to hear and see all the bandwagon fans that materialized after the 6ers to game upsets.

Later

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Honestly, for all the shit I heap on Stuckey when I'm with my friends, I think he's a very good player. I think a lot of his difficulties so far have been related to the fact that he hasn't played enough for his teammates to know his game. And his game is much faster than Chauncey's.

Chauncey brings a lot to the table, don't get me wrong. But he also takes a few things away. I think Tayshaun's remark about how he almost certainly wouldn't have taken that last shot in game 4 if Chauncey had been in the game speaks volumes.

EDIT: Welcome!

Blog Entries
    Good stuff, Bard, glad to have you here, we've been waiting for you.

If you want to read more on the playoffs, check out the 2008 NBA Playoffs subforum: http://www.wtfdetroit.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by bardthebambino
    I love to discuss NBA basketball with intelligent knowledgeable people who actually know a thing or two and don't just talk out of there arse!
    So why did you come here again?

J/K, welcome aboard.

This year has been very different from the last few with all the bench guys that bring energy. I think that rubs off on other guys too. Tay is being more agressive, I've seen Sheed in the post more and Dyess has been hustling really well also. I expect when Billups is back in there that they'll still play with energy. They took the Sixers lightly but have picked it up sense then. Also keep in mind that they won't be the heavy favorite in the next round (either playing the favorite in Boston, or a team that had their number last year in the Cavs). That extra motivation should help.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Well, in the 3 games we didn't have Chauncey we got blown out once, and won 2 close gigs. Yeah, we had energy, but frankly I'm not sure it's all that good a thing to see us burning energy off at that rate in the 2nd round against such a flawed team. We're lucky to have a couple days off so the guys who had to give 40+ (Rip and Tay) and the guys who busted their balls (Dyess and Stuck) can get thier bodies and minds back into game shape.

Good points guys, and thanks for the replies.

I agree with you chris, I believe the pistons will play with that "chip on our shoulder" attitude that they had in 04 against LA (fingers crossed). Thats partially why I hope they play Boston in ECFs, LeBron just makes me nervous and I really REALLY don't want to see or hear anything coming from Cleveland ESPECIALLY their God Forsaken fans! I swear everything that organization does is completely ripped off from the stones. When Ilgauskis gets the ball they all say "Z...Z...Z" a la "sheed...sheed...sheed." Now they have that God damn bell for ben and of course their PA anouncer completely ripping off Mason. I HATE DAN GILBERT, and Fred McCloud for that matter!!!!!!

Anyway, enough venting...

Later

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    I felt we got away with not having billups. But overall we were better with him. He exploited his matchup advantage over nelson. We probably blow them out with billups and stuckey. Its still a team ganme and we were a far better team than orlando with billups. with that said Stuckey did his thing to the fullest and I do agree that while they may mae bad decisions, the youth on our bench brings alot of energy that inspires everyone else.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Codename V
    I felt we got away with not having billups. But overall we were better with him.

Per Bill Simmons, that would be the "Ewing Theory".

I think since Orlando doesn't have a PG (lol at Jameer Nelson), it was basically a wash.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    Per Bill Simmons, that would be the "Ewing Theory".

I think since Orlando doesn't have a PG (lol at Jameer Nelson), it was basically a wash.
    Huh? That proves my point since their crap core of PG's had an easier time defending stuckey than they did Billups in the post.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Codename V
    Huh?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=1193711

What's the Ewing Theory? Where did it come from?

The theory was created in the mid-'90s by Dave Cirilli, a friend of mine who was convinced that Patrick Ewing's teams (both at Georgetown and with New York) inexplicably played better when Ewing was either injured or missing extended stretches because of foul trouble

+ Reply to Thread