+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: who do you want as a new head coach?

who do you want as a new head coach?

There isn't exactly a plethora of talent floating around. I personally do not see Avery as a good fit. Do we need to dredge up someone who has been out of the loop for a while or go for an up and coming assistant. Lastly (and my least favorite option), do we leave flip where he is and focus on roster changes. I'm not as studied in pistons lore as much as the majority of you, but it seems like they have no aversion to switching up coaches even when things are going well.

I highly doubt they switch coaches now, unless they get swept or equally embarrassed in the ECF. I wish they would, because I see Flip as a bottom 10 coach in the entire NBA, but I think they'll probably stay put.

I do like Avery, but I'm not really sure why his players quit on him in Dallas. That's not something to take lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

BTW, welcome FatKid. Stick around.

MoTown is right.

It seems like they have no aversion? Really? I'm pretty sure it was obvious Carlisle had peaked and wasn't going to work with younger players.

Brown was a public relations nightmare who you couldn't tell from one day to another if he was going to have your back or not.

This season Flip has been more than willing to do everything they've asked him to. He has rested the starters and gotten the bench heavily involved, all without any public knowledge of players not respecting him or locker room incidents. The only thing he hasn't done is make it past the Conference Finals. As MoTown stated, a horrendous performance there could change it all, but it seems premature to be looking at a replacement at this point, especially considering the lack of viable options. I'm not on the Flip Saunders bandwagon, but he's the best option at this point.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

thanks, I've been lurking for quite a while now and thought i would put my 2 cents in and throw my questions out there. It is rather intimidating the way you all break everything down and analyze it. I just like watching and hope they win.

Don't be intimidated. We appreciate all of the input we can get. Stick around, enjoy yourself, and talk about how much Cleveland sucks. You'll fit right in.

MoTown is right.

If we lose in the ECF I think Joe pulls the trigger on something new. The bar is high.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Welcome, FatKid. We've been waiting for you.

Blog Entries
    Thanks, gee.

The more FatKids we can get here, the slimmer the rest of us look.

With one more year left on his contract, and now that he's made the ECFs again, I think Flip if safe through next season.

The interesting thing is, when a coach is heading into his final contract year, teams will normally extend them if they really want to keep them to keep the players from treating him like a lame duck.

I think next season could get pretty wild if Flip doesn't get that extension.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by FatKid
    It is rather intimidating the way you all break everything down and analyze it.
    I can see how my posts would do this

and Flip is not going anywhere...at least for one more year

+ Reply to Thread