+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA HOME COOKING

NBA HOME COOKING

I can't believe the impact of homecourt advantage we are seeing this year. In the second round, the home teams are 14-1 (the one being Detroit, yes sir!). Moodini and I were talking about this and it just doesn't make sense. It's still a flat basketball surface with 10' rims. Is it the crowd? The refs? Or do the players just get more amped up at home?

Blog Entries
    Wizzle, I was just going to start a thread about this.

14 of 15 won by the home team in round 2, so far.

Team A blows out Team B at home and then goes out and gets blown out themselves on the road.

Anybody care to make a case that it is anything else but skewed officiating?
    Find a new slant.

I think the refs are a big factor. I don't have any numbers to support it, but every analyst talks about the home town call. I don't understand that really. Why is a foul different from building to building? Why do rules change by location? That's crap. Of course each set of officials will call a game differently, but there shouldn't be a home whistle and a road whistle.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    in this post referee gambling scandal era, maybe its the league trying to make everyone happy.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Blog Entries
    It's not just fouls, Chris.

Every loose ball that goes out of bounds gets awarded to the home team.

It's annoying to me that the media doesn't talk about this subject.

I think we're all smart enough to see through the "they slept in their own beds last night" and "the crowd really gave them energy" bullshit.

Check out the free throw discrepancies in these series home/away.

The Lakers had a huge number of more free throws through two games and I was telling my buddy to "wait to see what happens when they get to Utah". He kind of laughed and shrugged it off, but he called me last night and was joking about it.

It's a joke.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Maybe I'll write this up as a question for Langlois and send it to him.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    I think the refs are a big factor. I don't have any numbers to support it, but every analyst talks about the home town call. I don't understand that really. Why is a foul different from building to building? Why do rules change by location? That's crap. Of course each set of officials will call a game differently, but there shouldn't be a home whistle and a road whistle.
    I suppose that a skeptic might say that if the home team always gets the calls, playoff series are much more likely to go 6-7 games.

It seemed like there used to be a lot more sweeps and 5 gamers in the past (maybe 10+ years ago).

All things being equal, it just makes no sense that Utah is able to go 37-4 at home and 17-24 on the road.
    Find a new slant.

It's stupid. I'd rather have sweeps than bogus officiating to make a team better than they really are.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

You guys haven't seen a damn thing yet.

Wait until our Boston series, it is going to make that abortion against Cleveland look like a fair series.

The only reason I watch anymore is because Detroit has a good enough team to beat the refs on some nights. There is no doubt we are superior to Boston. We are a better team, and the talent disparity favors us. But we don't have the superstar (Paul is just a fabricated one) and KG is legit.

We don't have the story, we sure as hell don't have the east coast biased Boston media. And we are going up against a Lakers Celtics finals. (if that changes, I will repent)

If it ain't rough , it ain't right, right?
    I hope they are ready.
    Last edited by BubblesTheLion; 05-12-2008 at 02:17 PM.
    Hype?

Blog Entries
    Z (Pig's Eye): Has there ever been a playoff round so dominated by home teams? 15-1 with the only loss being a last-10-second 1-pointer. Is this evidence of parity among the top teams?

John Hollinger: (4:40 PM ET ) It's partly that there's tight series,but mostly it's just random, random, random, random, random.
    Whatever, dude.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread