+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 169
FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast

Thread: The General Election for President, Barack Obama vs. John McCain

Tahoe response prediction: LOL.

Blog Entries
    Biden as Obama's VP = win for McCain...

Mike Huckabee said it best, "Biden is a utility player, not a house-hold name".

I think I speak for over 90% of college students, when I say "who the fuck is Joe Biden"...

Score one for the red team.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Historically, it has to be a really close election for a VP choice to tip it one way or the other -- Gore not choosing Bob Graham or some southerner, JFK choosing LBJ, etc. Republicans have often won with no-name VPs -- Quayle, Agnew, Nixon during the time of Ike, etc.

Biden hit a "noun, verb, 911" home run against Giuliani, who had been the front runner Republican candidate until being dismantled. Biden's more than a utility player. I think of Biden as more of a streaky pitcher... either a stud or a dud depending on the day. Both feet either kick someone in the ass or fly right in his mouth.

I'm not overly anxious over Obama's choice will be. Or, to put it another way, I'm at least as interested in who McCain's choice will be.

Quote Originally Posted by xanadu
    Corsi wrote articles that tied mccain to al qaeda and organized crime earlier in the year. Of course, that was back when the idiot squad was proclaiming an apocalypse if mccain were to get the nomination. Now that mccain has the nomination, the apocalypse must be shifted to an obama presidency. I suppose you can count on robust sales by making shit up and shoveling it to the idiot right fringe.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/0...pports-mccain/
    Well you are a idiot left fringe douche, so the phrase takes one to know one comes to mind.

Look you really are a fucking idiot. Because I vote Republican from time to time, you have tried to label me some Christian right wing nut. You are a fucking douche bag, you ignorant fuck.

If you want to discuss shit reasonably, jump on in. But you have nothing to offer but fucking insults. So fuck you and your mom and grandmother you dipshit fuckhead troutnose douchebag whore.
    Players meeting my ASS!

BTW... for the reasonable peeps that like to friendly back and forth banter, the TV was on and I think it was CNN. They said that peeps still don't know for sure how many houses JM owns. Its really a gray area cuz of the corps that own investment properties, etc. So someone was saying that they may make a commercial out of BOs commercial that the number is 7.

Just taking the partisanship out of this...its pretty funny to me to see this as being a issue in this campaign. But thats the way its going right now.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    BTW... for the reasonable peeps that like to friendly back and forth banter, the TV was on and I think it was CNN. They said that peeps still don't know for sure how many houses JM owns. Its really a gray area cuz of the corps that own investment properties, etc. So someone was saying that they may make a commercial out of BOs commercial that the number is 7.

Just taking the partisanship out of this...its pretty funny to me to see this as being a issue in this campaign. But thats the way its going right now.
    It's an "out of touch" moment like not knowing the price of milk or never having seen a grocery scanner. Unimportant in and of itself but it resonates in a way that says this guy has no idea how regular people live.

. Because I vote Republican from time to time, you have tried to label me some Christian right wing nut
    I couldn't help but notice that you said that in response to a post that didn't have your name anywhere in it. There's a pattern where any time someone takes a shot at the right, or the Bush administration or Fox News or anything neocon.... you step in front of it and take the bullet as a personal attack against you.
    Last edited by geerussell; 08-23-2008 at 05:43 AM.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    If you start counting fractions from investments, anyone who has a mutual fund that covers the financial sector or a REIT or whatnot probably doesn't know how many houses they own. And of course, do people with mortgages count the % of the house owned by the bank? Most people don't say they own 0.7932523 homes when asked.

I'm just as amazed at the stuff that's gotten a pass. McCain's been saying crazy shit for a long time, and some of Obama's flip-flops don't get much play.

Think about this "house" theme in terms of McCain's VP selection. If McCain picks Mitt Romney and doesn't have a plan to defuse the "house" thing, it'll be spun as two country-club Republicans.

I hope this works out...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    If McCain picks Mitt Romney and doesn't have a plan to defuse the "house" thing, it'll be spun as two country-club Republicans.

How do you figure? Of all the Republican candidates that campaigned to be President, McCain was easily the closest to a left-wing, putting him with a great guy like Mitt would be a nice balance, IMO.

I sure as hell hope he picks Mitt, either him or Huckabee, I'll be thrilled.

I would guess, and I'm not basing this of much more than just my gut instinct, that if Mitt was his running mate, than McCain would take Michigan. Not saying much from a broad view, but this state hasn't voted red since Bush Sr., Mitt on the ballot would change that, IMO.

Blog Entries
    If you think that the Obama/Biden relationship seems less than smooth, wait and see what happens if Romney is McCain's choice.

It's widely known that all of the other Republican Presidential candidates have a genuine dislike for the guy (Romney).
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread