+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 169
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: The General Election for President, Barack Obama vs. John McCain

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodog

Odds On: Who will be the next president of the United States?

Winner of the 2008 presidential election.

Hillary Clinton
    12/1

John McCain
    6/5

Barack Obama
    5/6
    Find a new slant.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    I think once Hillary is out of the picture, the gulf between Obama and McCain will open up pretty wide. I see this as eventually becoming similar to the 1996 race between Clinton and...who was that? Bob Dole?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Swami
    I think once Hillary is out of the picture, the gulf between Obama and McCain will open up pretty wide. I see this as eventually becoming similar to the 1996 race between Clinton and...who was that? Bob Dole?
    Seriously? Wow. If you would have asked me that question a year ago, I'd have agreed. Not now.
    Players meeting my ASS!

FWIW...Rasmussen had 28% said that they'd vote for McCain instead of BO.

FWIW2...In another poll: Bush is more of a drag on JM than THE Rev Wright is on BO.
    Players meeting my ASS!

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Yeah, Republican loyalty cuts two ways.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    FWIW2...In another poll: Bush is more of a drag on JM than THE Rev Wright is on BO.
    The Dems won a couple of special election congressional races in Louisiana and Mississippi, in districts that voted ~60% for Bush in 2004. National Republicans plunked over $1 million into each of their reasonable candidates, ran all kinds of Obama and Wright smear tactics stuff, and still lost. So, it would appear that the poll is accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    The Dems won a couple of special election congressional races in Louisiana and Mississippi, in districts that voted ~60% for Bush in 2004. National Republicans plunked over $1 million into each of their reasonable candidates, ran all kinds of Obama and Wright smear tactics stuff, and still lost. So, it would appear that the poll is accurate.
    And the Dems who ran went out of their way to act like gun toting, bible thumping, tough on defense type of peeps.

Ok, not sure about the Bible thumping part but from what I saw, they weren't liberals.

BO IS a liberal.
    Players meeting my ASS!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    And the Dems who ran went out of their way to act like gun toting, bible thumping, tough on defense type of peeps.

Ok, not sure about the Bible thumping part but from what I saw, they weren't liberals.

BO IS a liberal.
    They're pro-life and pro-gun, but Democratic on the Iraq and the economy aspects of things. BO is a liberal on some matters, but his positions on the economy and on Iraq are fairly mainstream. The Iraq-economy one-two punch has been surprisingly effective, all by itself. Like you said, they're not too different from their Republican candidates otherwise.

The point is that this shouldn't have been even close. Neither Democratic candidate had any huge advantage relative to their Republican counterpart. Both should've lost by 15-20 points on a good day, and more with the Wright business. Heck, in the case of Mississippi, Republicans had TWO chances to rally around their man and failed. If Wright can't play for a win in Republican strongholds that historically respond to racial politics, then Wright as we know the issue today shouldn't be a factor.

I read there were some attack adds on both sides.

But I'm sure its NOTHING compared to what JM will face this fall. Soros, D Kos, etc can't wait to fuel the hate machines.
    Players meeting my ASS!

+ Reply to Thread