+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: OST: Eastern Conference Semifinals: (1) Boston vs (4) Cleveland, Boston Wins, 4-3

OST: Eastern Conference Semifinals: (1) Boston vs (4) Cleveland, Boston Wins, 4-3

-VS-

Boston
    (66-16) (35-6 home/ 31-10 road)

Cleveland
    (45-37) (27-14 home/18-23 road)

Season Series:
    Tied 2-2

Series Schedule:
    Series tied 0-0
    1. Tue, May 6 – at Bos, 8:00 pm EDT (TNT)
    2. Thu, May 8 – at Bos, 7:00 pm EDT (ESPN)
    3. Sat, May 10 – at Cle, 8:00 pm EDT (ABC)
    4. Mon, May 12 – at Cle, 8:00 pm EDT (TNT)
    *5. Wed, May 14 – at Bos (TNT)
    *6. Fri, May 16 – at Cle (ESPN)
    *7. Sun, May 18 – at Bos

Individual
    29.8 L. James Scoring K. Garnett 21.0
    9.5 L. James Rebounds K. Garnett 8.9
    7.7 L. James Assists R. Rondo 7.3
    1.3 L. James Steals K. Garnett 2.0
    1.3 B. Wallace Blocks K. Perkins 1.7
    Team
    44.8 Rebounds 39.4
    23.0 Assists 24.0
    5.8 Steals 8.6
    95.5 Points For 99.1
    92.2 Points Against 87.1

FYI: LeBron James is only 23 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    I'm going with Cleveland in seven.

LeBron single-handedly torched the Celtics twice during the regular season and almost did it a thrid time. Not to mention, the first time the Celtics beat the Cavs this season, LeBron didn't even play...

So take LeBron along with the Cavaliers playoff experience from the past couple years plus the fact they are a pretty decent defensive team (at least compared to the Hawks)...I think they can pull the upset...

ECF- Pistons/Cavaliers

Perhaps I'm reading too much into what happened with Boston in Rd. 1, but I think some major flaws were exploited there. Meanwhile I was impressed with the way Cleveland handled themselves in the Washington series...

Boston can't be feeling too good about themselves having not yet won a game on the road...home court or not, it was the f-ing Hawks...
    Last edited by Wilfredo Ledezma; 05-05-2008 at 03:00 PM.

Blog Entries
    I want to say Boston in 5, but with the refs on Bron Bron's jock, I'll go with Boston in 6.

The Cavs aren't nearly as athletic and fast as the Hawks (Bron aside). They'll need to muck it up to stay close, and that plays right into Boston's hands, IMO.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I want to say Boston in 5, but with the refs on Bron Bron's jock, I'll go with Boston in 6.

The Cavs aren't nearly as athletic and fast as the Hawks (Bron aside). They'll need to muck it up to stay close, and that plays right into Boston's hands, IMO.

Key for Cleveland will be guys like Wally & Delonte West. Wally needs to make his 3's and at least make an attempt to guard somebody every now and then...

Delonte will need to be able to cut to the basket and finish his shots...

Big Ben needs to stop those porkers like Kendrick Perkins and Leon Powe from getting offensive boards off all of Rondo's missed layups when he cuts to the basket...Keep Boston off the Offensive glass, and your going to be successful

To Clevelands credit, with Ilgauskas, Varejao, Joe Smith, Big Ben, and even LeBron, they have enough big bodies to limit the second chance opportunities for the Celtics...

also, Ilguaskas can't break his foot, if he does, they're done.

Hope it goes 7 and don't care who wins.

Gun to my head pick: Boston in 6
    Players meeting my ASS!

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    If the Celtics put themselves on Paul Pierce's back rather than KG, then they may lose this series. Also Pierce touts himself as an exceptionally good defender. I never agreed with him on that. He'll get tested on it this series.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn

I don't know. I like the Cavs chances. Boston had a lot of trouble with Johnson, and Lebron will be twice as hard to keep in check. In addition, Wally and Boobie can knock down the three if they help onto Lebron. The Cavs also have better rebounders than the Hawks (who played a smaller lineup). I wouldn't be shocked to see the Celtics lose (because Doc Rivers sucks and won't be able to figure out how to stop Lebron). The key for the Cavs is for Wally to keep Allen or PP from going off. I think KG will be quiet because the Cavs have some vet big men that can keep him contained alright. Also, Boobie needs to keep Rondo on the outside.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    I like Boston in 6, but for Cleveland to steal game 1.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Doc doesnt draw up the defense i dont think. Tom Thibodeau is responsible and his scheming is solid, his personnel isnt as good imo. And when that comes into play he has to alter a lil' bit and thats when you get joe johnson man of mystery issues. soon to be lebron man of crybaby tears issues.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Boston has a good bench option in Posey to guard Lebron, but what happens when he gets by the first defender? Only KG has the agility to help out of all the Boston bigs. Now if you still had Scalabrine...
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread