+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 33
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Upcoming Movies Thread

Ok, I'll go out on a limb here and say that the batman sequel will be the best move of the summer.

Welcome to Detroit...Oregon. Home to Detroit Lake and nothing else.
    Motown: Completely agree with you on Speed Racer; the movie looks absolutely dreadful and I can't imagine the dialogue and action scenes will be much different from the cartoon...and I don't mean that in a funny way. I'd only see it if I was able to abuse a substance or two on the way there.

Step Brothers might be funny because John C. Reilly gets to play Will Ferrell's foil, but the premise just reeks of wasted talent and gags. The scene in the trailer where Will Ferrell gets crushed by the bunk bed was pretty funny though.
    [img]i17.tinypic.com/5z1kqq8.gif[/img]

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    I can't imagine that the Speed Racer movie was made for any other reason than because LSD exists.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    -1 for Herr Hoffman.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    +1 for spiritual and cultural revolution
    -1 for terrible movies

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by geerussell
    Ok, I'll go out on a limb here and say that the batman sequel will be the best move of the summer.
    It's gonna have to beat Iron Man, which is AWESOME!! Having seen it only a couple hours ago, maybe I'm biased, but it's the best superhero movie of the 21st century. I want my own personal Pepper and Jarvis, damnit!

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Iron Man was damn good, Favreau impressed me. He's never directed anything that big ever in his career as a typically smaller movie/tv show director(long way from Made, Elf, and Zathura) and nailed it fairly well.

But I still gotta take Spider Man 2 and Batman Begins over it for best in the 21st Century. Its probably the most surprising hero movie i've ever seen based on my mild expectations.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

I agree with you Gutz. Spiderman 2 remains my favorite comic book movie and Batman Begins was also amazing. Iron Man was a very close third, however.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Best Superhero movie of All Time of course is the directors full cut of Superman. I have it on Blu ray and its like watching a new movie sometimes. You forget that its as old as it is.

Also That opening weekend has set the wheels in motion for an Avengers span of movies to tae place. Marvel making its most elaborate push ever.

News

Marvel Studios Sets Four More Release Dates!
    Source: Yahoo! Finance
    May 5, 2008

Marvel Entertainment released their first quarter report to its shareholders this morning to coincide with the announcement about the success this past weekend of Marvel Studios' first production Iron Man, which grossed an estimated $100.7 million domestically and over $200 million worldwide. The announcement included an update of Marvel Studios' feature film slate with the already-rumored Iron Man 2 announced for a release on April 30, 2010, followed by three more movies for the summers of '10 and '11. Matthew Vaughn's Thor is set for a release on June 4, 2010, and The First Avenger: Captain America (the working title) will kick off the summer of 2011 on May 6, followed by the highly-anticipated and foreshadowed The Avengers scheduled for July 2011. (Edgar Wright's Ant-Man is also listed as being in development with no release date set.)

With that in mind, one can start expecting a lot more announcements in the coming months about creative teams and casting for those movies including who might direct the Captain America and Avengers movies. (Whomever plays Steve Rogers AKA Captain America presumably will be making two movies at once.)

There will be a webcast for investors at 9AM Eastern at www.Marvel.com/webcasts where the same information should be relayed.
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=44654
    ^

Motown how do you feel about the Spoiler warning:

About Nick Fury great Hasselhoff being replaced by Samuel Jackson?
    ^

+ Reply to Thread