+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 33
FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Upcoming Movies Thread

I just hope that they don't overdue the amount of Superhero Movies. I like them because that's what I grew up watching/reading. When they start to get silly and take on much lesser heroes, I think the whole genre will suffer. For example, I heard they're thinking about making an "Ant Man" movie. C'mon, fellas. Don't ruin a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Yea Marvel is taking a really bad chance on Ant Man in order to do their Avengers come together movie thing. I can see him as an avenger, but he didn't have enough weight to hold his own in solo comics, doubt he does in a movie. They'd be better off doing a Samuel Jackson Nick Fury movie.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    I just hope that they don't overdue the amount of Superhero Movies. I like them because that's what I grew up watching/reading. When they start to get silly and take on much lesser heroes, I think the whole genre will suffer. For example, I heard they're thinking about making an "Ant Man" movie. C'mon, fellas. Don't ruin a good thing.
    Too late, Hollywood realized that comic book movies are the current thing. Prepare for a million of them to flood the market in the next 3-4 years. It'll probably continue until people get sick of them and stop going. And yeah, I read Ant Man is only being made because they want to make the Avengers movie. I honestly know nothing about Ant Man so I have no opinion on it, but I read somewhere that it was going to be one of those funny action movies or something along those lines.

Wikipedia-

Edgar Wright plans to direct an action-adventure film with some humorous elements, insisting that Ant-Man will be a comedy like Fantastic Four or a spoof like Hancock (2008 film).[1] The script has been written by Wright and Joe Cornish, who plan to include Henry Pym and Scott Lang as major characters, with Pym as Ant-Man in the 60's in Tales to Astonish style, and a flashforward to Lang as Ant-Man's successor in the 80's/90's.[2]

On February 9, Wright said that the project was in "a holding pattern" while the script was revised, with casting yet to begin. The director reported that he would have news for the film in a few months.[3] He has been researching nanotechnology for the film.[4] As of March 2008, Wright told Empire magazine that a second draft of the script is being written. Known for being a comedic writer, the director noted that the film would not be overtly comedic, but that it would be "more of a full-on action adventure sci-fi film but with a comedic element."[5]

In June 2008, a film about The Avengers was announced for a release in 2011, with Ant-Man to be part of the superhero team.[6]
    _

Isn't Edgar Wright the guy that made Shaun of the Dead?

Edit: Yep
    _

William Key, USA Today

"What if I told you we were putting together a team?"
    That's what Tony Stark/Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) teases in the closing minutes of The Incredible Hulk. But Stark's plans come as no surprise to comic-book fans.

They have been salivating ever since Marvel Studios announced plans to develop a team of superheroes to appear first in solo films, then unite as an on-screen team.

Iron Man director Jon Favreau, who is developing a sequel to be released in April 2010, says Marvel's plan is "to team up the heroes for The Avengers, which is made up of all of the Marvel heroes they have the rights to."

Favreau says the team's lineup has changed throughout the years, "but the ones Marvel is talking about now are Captain America, Hulk, Thor, Ant-Man and Iron Man. I would love to see that."

FIND MORE STORIES IN: World War II | Osama bin Laden | Nazi | Adolf Hitler | Communist | Dead | X-Men | Samuel L. Jackson | Incredible Hulk | Last Stand | Am Legend | Norse | Stan Lee | Elektra | Marvel Studios | Avengers | Jon Favreau | Thor | Fabio | Jack Kirby | Man From U.N.C.L.E | Joe Simon | Ant-Man | Red Skull | Nick Fury | Sgt. Fury | Tony Stark/Iron Man | Zak Penn
    A scene following the closing credits of Iron Man introduced Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, who will be instrumental in bringing the heroes together.

Kevin Feige, Marvel Studios' president of production, confirms that he's working toward the day when "heroes can cross into each other's adventures and occasionally team up if there's a foe too great for any one of them to handle."

He and screenwriter Zak Penn (X2: X-Men United, Elektra, X-Men: The Last Stand, The Incredible Hulk) are uniting to get Avengers in theaters by summer 2011.

Here's what Stan Lee, 85, who created the Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Ant-Man and Nick Fury characters, and Joe Simon, 94, creator of Captain America, had to say about the origins of the next wave of comic-book characters headed for the big screen.

Thor

Release date: Solo film to be released June 4, 2010
    Screenwriter: Mark Protosevich (I Am Legend)
    Origin: Disabled medical student Donald Blake discovers a mighty hammer that transforms him into his alter ego, the Norse warrior Thor. Lee recalls meeting years ago with Fabio, the romance-novel cover boy, about playing the part. "Someone brought him up to my office to see if he could play Thor," Lee says. "Visually, he would have been good, but in those days we weren't even in a position to do a movie." Lee says Thor "will have to be someone big and strong and kind of blondish. And there should be a nobility."

Ant-Man

Release date: Solo film, but timing not yet available
    Director: Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead)
    Screenwriters: Wright and Joe Cornish
    Origin: Biochemist Hank Pym can alter his size as well as communicate with and control insects. Ant-Man creator Stan Lee recently had lunch with Wright to discuss the direction of the film. "There's never been a hero like this in the movies," Lee says. "I did one comic book called The Man in the Ant Hill about a guy who shrunk down and there were ants or bees chasing him. That sold so well that I thought making him into a superhero might be fun."

The First Avenger: Captain America

Release date: Solo film to be released May 6, 2011
    Origin: Captain America made his debut in 1941 as lowly U.S. Army Pvt. Steve Rogers. "We had him peeling spuds," creator Joe Simon recalls. "The government shot him up with a super-serum, which made him the first of what was to be an army of superheroes." Simon and comic-book artist Jack Kirby, who died in 1994, created the character during World War II as an all-American adversary to Adolf Hitler. "We were a war-consumed nation, just like today," he says. "Hitler was a comic foil for our character, and every comic sold out that first year." Simon now suggests that Osama bin Laden might be an appropriate foe for Captain America to pursue. But Captain America more likely will take on his most famous adversary, the Red Skull — a Nazi (later turned Communist) introduced by Simon in Captain America Comics #1.

Nick Fury

Release date: Not intended as a solo film, but character will appear in The Avengers universe in summer 2011
    Origin: Lee introduced the character in 1963 in the war magazine Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos. "It did very well," Lee says. "But after a couple of years, I got bored with it and wanted to kill it. Years later, I got a lot of fan mail asking, 'What happened to Sgt. Fury?' In those days, there was a popular show called The Man From U.N.C.L.E., so I brought Nick back as a colonel for S.H.I.E.L.D.: Supreme Headquarters, International Espionage, Law-Enforcement Division."
    _

Stan Lee looks to be in pretty good shape for being 85.

MoTown is right.

Wonder what random characters he'll show up to play in his upcoming movies.
    _

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    Wonder what random characters he'll show up to play in his upcoming movies.
    I hate that shit.....it's so forced now

He should have ended his acting career at Mallrats

Maybe he can be Ant-Man. I'd see that movie.

MoTown is right.

Ended his acting career discussing a big orange rockdick. Nice.
    _

+ Reply to Thread