+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 82
FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 LastLast

Thread: OST: Eastern Conference Semifinals: (2) Detroit vs (3) Orlando, DET WINS 4-1

Blog Entries
    The Flip Murray hatred is clouding reason here.

I'm not teaching you a "lesson", I provided you with an example of a player that is considered a PG just because he has played the position, regardless if that position is the best fit for his skill set.

Suspend the hate and you might see the message.
    Find a new slant.

Who here disagreed with Kstat that Stuckey's pass had poor fundamentals? I would say that was pretty obvious. But, his jumping was the reason for Tay's opening, and it worked. I don't condone doing that a lot, even once a game (or three), but it's his creativity there that had me excited. He found a way to get it done. Just don't do it again. lol

As he learns, like wtfchris explains, he will become a better, more sound PG that hopefully can still make creative plays but without the poor fundamentals.

Dear Glenn:

How is the ability and willingness to drive and dish not in the skill set of a point guard?

Granted, he doesn't always know which plays to call, but hardly anyone does in their first year.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn

I'm not teaching you a "lesson", I provided you with an example of a player that is considered a PG just because he has played the position, regardless if that position is the best fit for his skill set.

Perhaps you should have compared Stuckey to someone else playing the position who is more of a SG, that isn't a complete chucker. There are plenty of combo guards out there, why pick a chucker?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Here are some more combo guards (some are chuckers, some not):

Gordon
    Duhon
    Barbosa
    Manu
    Jack
    Arenas
    Ellis
    Terry
    West
    Green
    Jackson
    Barry
    Head
    James

there are also a lot more PG's that are more of true scorers than creators (like Billups):

Davis, Fisher, Bibby
    Last edited by WTFchris; 05-14-2008 at 11:44 AM.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DrRay11
    Dear Glenn:

How is the ability and willingness to drive and dish not in the skill set of a point guard?
    It is, but apparently you didn't see him get the ball swatted back in his face a few hundred times (NOTE: THAT'S AN EXAGGERATION) this year when he tried to drive and take it himself into the teeth of the defense.

Like I have been saying, "hopefully" that gets better, but the insistence here that opinion is fact is what rubs me the wrong way, always has.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Perhaps you should have compared Stuckey to someone else playing the position who is more of a SG, that isn't a complete chucker. There are plenty of combo guards out there, why pick a chucker?
    BECAUSE IT WAS FUN
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn

Are you seriously not understanding that your stance on the "Flip Murray hate" makes what you were saying confusing.

I mean that post basically just says what I've been trying to explain to you only I don't think you realize it.

BTW, it's not "hate". Only you think it's hate which is why your opinion isn't objective.
    Last edited by Fool; 05-14-2008 at 12:01 PM.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    If it was confusing, I'm sorry.

Just trying to mix in a fun example to illustrate my point.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    In the spirit of togetherness, I'll try not to be so critical of the unabashed Stuckey admiration.

No promises, though.

I think the Darko experience has changed my perspective on these things.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread