+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 82
FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast

Thread: OST: Eastern Conference Semifinals: (2) Detroit vs (3) Orlando, DET WINS 4-1

Blog Entries
    I think the example is perfectly valid.

Just because someone can play PG, doesn't mean they are ideally suited to do so. Example: Flip Murray
    Find a new slant.

Perhaps, but you must consider the messanger along with the message.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    Perhaps, but you must consider the messanger along with the message.
    I would argue that you need to do so, not me.
    Find a new slant.

An objective opinion on Flip from your is atypical as you are usually trying to push buttons regarding him. Thus your using him in your object lesson misguided many.

I have considered the messenger.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Fool, did you think that play by Stuckey was fundamentally sound and should be lauded?

It was met with widespread praise, when in actuality it was really poor technique, as only Kstat pointed out.
    Find a new slant.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I think what sent me off in this direction was the fact that out of all the posters here, the only one that demonstrated any sense of objectivity when it came to that lucky pass that Stuckey made to Prince, was none other than Kstat.

http://wtfdetroit.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=656

He's just trying to keep some of you grounded in reality. lol
    Kstat really isnt all that objective though. Either way Stuckey looked first and knew where he was passing and that he was before he leaped. Can't say that Rip is planning that far ahead when he jump passes. But there have been times when stuck jump passed when he shouldnt have. Dont think that time counts as that.

I think the example is perfectly bias.

Just because someone can play PG, doesn't mean they are ideally suited to do so. Example: Flip Murray
    I know that you're playing Facetious for the fuck of it, so whatever. Either way I'd take stuckey over Earl Watson.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    An objective opinion on Flip from your is atypical as you are usually trying to push buttons regarding him. Thus your using him in your object lesson misguided many.

I have considered the messenger.
    Where did I claim that I was being objective?
    Find a new slant.

That's the whole point Glenn. You aren't objective about Flip but you are trying to use your opinion of Flip in a "lesson" to teach us all about "objectivity".
    STEW BEEF!

Well, Kstat makes a valid point. However, he never said Stuckey was selfish (which is what Flip is/was). He simply said Stuckey has bad mechanics. I won't argue that his PG skills don't need developing. That kind of stuff can be taught out of him though. My point is you can't compare him to a life time chucker that in his best year was 4th on his team in assists (with 37 MPG).

Billups averaged less than 4 assists per game on 25-30 MPG in his first 4 years in the league. In his last 3 years he's averaged 7.5 assists per game. Nobody thinks he can pass like Nash or Kidd, but he's a solid PG, that is for sure. It's not unrealistic to think that Stuckey can become that type of floor leader, and probably before year 9 (like Billups did).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I thought it was both a bad ass pass and a bad pass. I was surprised Tay caught it at his feet and it didn't go out of bounds and that he made the shot after gathering it.

I also thought it was cool as hell to be able to pull it off and if he gets better at it I don't give a shit how fundametally unsound it is.
    Last edited by Fool; 05-14-2008 at 11:51 AM.
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread