+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Avery out in Dallas!

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    I still want to see him end up here.
    Of course....who wouldn't want a coach that's been blasted out of the playoffs 2 years in a row?

I'd personally like to see him wind up in Cleveland... only to see a post-game news conference with him AND Delonte West speaking side by side.

THAT would be gut-busting comedy.

Blog Entries
    Here's some decent stuff about the Popovich/Avery Johnson connection. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregg_Popovich

I've read some other interesting stuff that claims that Avery was the one that went to Pop and requested that Bob Hill be fired. Pop likes to bring Avery along wherever he goes, it seems.

With so many other attractive coaching opportunities available, he might not end up back in San Antonio, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if he did.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Avery to Michigan State.

I'm as big a Flip hater and anyone and want him fired, but I dont want Avery as his replacement.

It's of grave concern to me how mentally weak these Dallas teams are. Not everyone agrees with me but I do believe teams take on the personality of their coach in many ways, particularly when times get tough. These guys choke way too much. It's not about the record, we have players good enough to secure those 50+ wins year in and year out. We need a system that's designed to make others play our game, one that emphasizes inside and outside play, and some real mental toughness. Remember, LB didn't have that many 55 win teams before coming here, nor does our next coach need to. He needs to have certain attributes, and constantly getting mentally punked like Avery Johnson has been is not one of those.
    Last edited by metr0man; 04-30-2008 at 10:16 PM.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Of course....who wouldn't want a coach that's been blasted out of the playoffs 2 years in a row?
    Yea we are good for hiring coaches with a history of playoff fall offs. But he did get to the finals. Just saying.

With that said I can't say I'd want him in detroit. But his last two playoff falls arent a major factor in me not being big on him.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Blog Entries
    Chris Mannix, si.com, on the Mavericks' coaching search: "It wouldn't surprise me to see (owner Mark) Cuban make a big-money bid for Duke's Mike Krzyzewski or Michigan State's Tom Izzo. ... Izzo said recently that he would be open to talking to NBA teams."
    Find a new slant.

I don't really want him here, but if he came, you have to admit it would be fun to hear him pronounce the weird ass names we have on our team, "Rawasheed, Chawencey, Tayshawan, Jawrvis, etc.

Apparently Vescey was on NBA TV saying that Carlisle will be signed as the next Mavericks coach very shortly.
    STEW BEEF!

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    cool for carlisle. stay out west fucka.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

+ Reply to Thread