+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: D'Antoni out in PHX, will coach the Knicks, Porter to PHX?

Blog Entries

D'Antoni out in PHX, will coach the Knicks, Porter to PHX?

Per SI

Probably headed to Toronto.

Will Paxson take a look?
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    That'd be a very good fit for him.

Blog Entries
    IZZO TO PHOENIX
    Find a new slant.

Maybe they can get a coach that will get Nash and Barbosa to play defense, or at least learn how to defend a pick and roll properly, or at least against a PG with a suspect jumper.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Maybe they can get a coach that will get Nash and Barbosa to play defense, or at least learn how to defend a pick and roll properly, or at least against a PG with a suspect jumper.
    I think Nash is a little old to be learning how to play defense. Bill Simmons has a great article about the Suns on ESPN right now. Basically calls them the 4th best team to not win anything. Something along the lines of "critically acclaimed". Also reviews the past 4 seasons and its easy to see why they didn't win shit. Basically lost Joe Johnson for no reason, draft picks sold off, terrible free agent signings, etc.

Famous Bill Walton quotes:

"Shaq's arrogance is an insult to people who think."

Bill: "What, Phoenix? Are they still paying you?"
    Jalen: "Yeah, under the table."
    Bill: "Yeah, just like at Michigan."

“Oh my, Kobe is really putting on a show out there. He’s making Ray Allen look like a sixth grader!”

He needs to find a team even softer than the one he has right now, so year toronto is probably a great fit.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Quote Originally Posted by D's Nuts
    Bill: "What, Phoenix? Are they still paying you?"
    Jalen: "Yeah, under the table."
    Bill: "Yeah, just like at Michigan."
    That's the funniest thing I ever read. I missed that one somewhere along the way.

Blog Entries
    So it sounds like D'Antoni to Chicago is imminent.

I wonder if they have discussed having the Suns "trade" him to the Bulls?

He's got two years left on his existing contract, and it seems like that could work for both parties. Maybe something like a 2nd round pick?
    Find a new slant.

I thought that was illegal now.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Nash expects D’Antoni to stay despite speculation
    3 minutes ago

PHOENIX (AP)—Despite rampant speculation that Mike D’Antoni is headed to Chicago or New York, Phoenix point guard Steve Nash expects his coach to be back on the Suns’ bench next season.

Beyond that, the two-time NBA MVP had little to say about the Suns’ ongoing coaching saga during a charity appearance Friday.

“This is the last thing I’m going to say about our coaching situation: Mike’s my coach,” Nash said. “So I expect to see Mike back here next year. And I know there’s a lot of stuff going on right now, but Mike’s my coach. I love playing for him. I expect to see him back in October.”

Nash’s remarks came after he helped officials from utility Arizona Public Service and the Suns dedicate a refurbished basketball court at Florence Crittenton of Arizona, which offers programs for at-risk girls.

D’Antoni, who has two years worth $8.5 million remaining on his contract, reportedly has been courted by the Chicago Bulls and the New York Knicks. Earlier this week, the Suns granted D’Antoni permission to speak to other teams even as they expressed hope he would remain with them.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread