+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Definition

So like, get another gig already so I can check out the band.
    STEW BEEF!

We have a show at The Magic Bag
    in Ferndale on Friday, September 5th.

Please try to come out and bring as many people as you can! We're headlining this gig and I really need a big ass crowd. I promise we won't disappoint. We put on a great show.

Well, I finally have some music up on the page. The recording isn't the best as we put it together quickly, but it's a lot easier to have people come and see us if they know what the music is going to sound like.

We're going to be putting the album together when I get back from my wedding and honeymoon next month. Please come check us out if you can!
    Last edited by MOLA1; 08-14-2008 at 10:33 AM.

Will be there. Can guarantee bringing one person right now. Strong possibility of 2 more. Potentially a few more than that.

Don't suck.
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    Don't suck.

LMFAO, good looks Fool. Thanks for trying to make it there!

You'll have to introduce yourself as Fool, ha!
    Still, much better than introducing yourself as Sir Douche Baggins.

I am going to do everything I can to make it out to this fucker... I wanna see Mola stop a hole in that shithouse...

I can't promise anything, but if I'm caught up on school and work I want to make the trip from Toledo. If I do, I'll bring a couple people with.
    _

Thanks Zek.

As for the rest of yous. Tell your friends. Tell ALL your friends there's a new band in town.

How much of your own stuff will you be doing and how much of this stuff will be cover? What did you guys play the first time?
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    How much of your own stuff will you be doing and how much of this stuff will be cover? What did you guys play the first time?
    We're only going to be playing 1 cover, a remake of Jimi Hendrix's most famous recording of Voodoo Chile: "Voodoo Child (Slight Return)". Other than that, it's all originals. We played about 7 songs at our first show. We played 8 at our second and we'll be playing 10 next Friday at The Magic Bag show.

The song on our myspace is a God awful recording, but our band just wanted to get something up that people can hear and say, "Oh that's what live cello, drums and rap sounds like". The unfortunate thing is that "Where the Sidewalk Ends" is a pretty chill song compared to our other stuff and isn't really indicative of how we sound live.

If you came to see us, you'd find that we play some pretty heavy shit as my Electric Cello player uses various pedals including distortion and wah-wah, which enables us to do a song like Voodoo Child. When I get back from my wedding, we'll probably be covering "Come Together" by The Beatles and maybe even something else.

For now it's 1 cover and 9 originals. I guarantee a fun time.

The band playing the middle slot is The Pathe Jassi World Music Experience. Guitarist Sean Blackman will be joining Pathe Jassi.

http://www.myspace.com/pathejassi
    http://www.myspace.com/seanblackman

The opening slot is going to my buddy Brett Lee Williams:

http://www.myspace.com/brettleewilliamsmusic

Congrats on finding your own Electra!
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread