+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16
FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Definition

Fine. You added the dude on the right to the band?
    STEW BEEF!

Haha! Yeah. We needed a 5 string bassist and finally found one that's as good as everyone else in the band. He used to play in the Black Bottom Collective. The best part is the fact that he's a Hip-Hop head like myself. Mos Def is his favorite rapper (mine is Black Thought) and thinks Rakim is the greatest of all time (as do I). He brings that Hip-Hop/funk bass style which is what we were missing. Adding that to our rock/classical cellist and jazz/gospel drummer creates a perfect sound.

Sorry if that was totally boring. I was just going
    to respond, "Yes." and probably should have. LOL

No man, I preferred that reply.
    STEW BEEF!

Good looking crew cept for that cat with the mic.

Seriously, good luck mang.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Haha! Thanks Tahoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Detroit
    DEFINITELY!
    Our enthusiasm for The Definition began after we met Jeff Ehrinpreis at Gusoline Alley, and continued to build after we heard the band’s CD, and gained unstoppable momentum when we we’re privileged to sit in on a jam session inside a Birmingham dojo. For the first time, “novelty” has not soured in our ears. By blending the discipline of classical music (yes, that’s an electric cello) with strong, original hip-hop rhythms, The Definition has succeeded in creating unique and incomparable sounds worthy of notice. If this is old news to you — if you’ve already heard the magic at Black Lotus or The Detroit Pub — well, fine. If not, you owe it to yourself to catch Jeff, Martin Malota, Derek Buford and Kamau when they ascend on the stage at The Berkley Front on August 14. 3087 12 Mile or call 248.547.3331. Roll over, Beethoven!
    http://www.realdetroitweekly.com/con...cle_5569.shtml

Blog Entries
    Nice!
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Metromix Detroit
    DEFINITION defines itself further

First, you just don't see an electric cello everyday.

Second (and no less importantly), you probably haven't seen The Definition yet.They aren't intoPR (much)and they've depended almost entirely on their audiences to spread the word about the music. It's definitely succeeding - and you can form you own opinion when the guys show up at the Berkley Front on August 14.

By blending the best elements of classical music with the modern spirit of hip-hop, this ensemble (Jeff Ehrinpreis, Martin Malota, Derek Buford, and Kamau) is creating a sound that is unmistakeably unique and memorable.

- Robert del Valle

http://detroit.metromix.com/events/e...391479/content

+ Reply to Thread