• Avalanche in 6

0 0%
  • Avalanche in 7

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: OST: Red Wings vs. Avalanche

She's a huge New York homer - it's obnoxious.

Theodore was sick and the Avs are making excuses... which is lame. If he's sick, don't play him. And they're making injury excuses as well. Whiney bitches...

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

"I don't know that I'm ever not gonna want to play."

A few things...

First of all, the game. I had the honor of paying $130 a ticket for pretty goods seats. I have to admit I was expecting a 7-2 blowout after the first period and change, but instead was pissed in the whole 3rd period. I can't remember the last time I have been so frustrated while the home team is playing with the lead.

Observations:

1.) Lilja was a defensive liability. Bad, bad penalties at really crap times. It didn't cost us much, but certainly cost us mometum which was paramount down the stretch.

2.) Ozzie got stranded at times. Our third defensive pairing was slow and at some times appeared asleep at the wheel. That won't fly going forward.

3.) The fans are back in it. The Joe was rocking its collective ass off last night.

4.) WE CANNOT SLEEP IN THIS TEAM! On paper they have more firepower than we do. Rookies and yougsters aside, they boat Sakic, Smyth, Brunette, Hejduk (sp). Any one of these cats could wake up and really run up a tally.

All in all, the game was sweet, and I can say that I almost lost my voice when Ozzie made that save with 8.4 left on the clock. Unfortunately, the Flyers were not so lucky.

Two more things: $150 will get you second row seats behind the goaltender. Also, Linda Cohn is pretty OK in my book. Chicks that dig hockey are the cat's pajamas. Sure, she's a Rangers homer, but any commentator/ announcer who says they don't have a favorite team obviously doesn't like sports at all. Either that or they're lying their asses off.

Carry on.

I'll be at the game tomorrow, right behond the goal the Wings will be shooting on for the first and third period.
    _

Fuckin dinkin around with puck in our own zone and bang...the Avs score.

We haven't screwed up much but we did there.

4-1 Wings
    Players meeting my ASS!

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Rollin the Avs so far. Today the Wings really looked like they are ready to take the cup.

Beautiful game. Keep it up in Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Great game today! It's amazing how when they skate, throw the puck at the net and control the zone down low how much they can dominate a game. Playing like that they have the chance to get one in Denver. I loved Franzen's wrap-around goal. I hadn't seen one like that, getting all the way around the net and putting it up stairs, in a long time (granted my choice of where to live probably affected that too).

I couldn't have picked a better game to go to. The Joe was rocking like crazy! We dominated them the whole game. 40 shots to 20? Insane.
    _

I'm going to the game tonight. Nose bleed seats, but for 60 bucks (for the pair), you can't beat that. Hope the Wings keep pouring it on.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

- Ryan Smyth is OUT for tonight's game.

- Forsberg and Hannan are PROBABLE.

+ Reply to Thread