+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 40
FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 - Lions notes

No idea what I was writing there. I'm pretty sure I'd been drinking and mixed up two players in my head. I've had a lot to drink this weekend since I've been doing a lot of construction for some friends.
    _

Johnson accuses Bell in luggage theft; Bell calls situation misunderstanding
    ESPN.com news services

Updated: September 3, 2008, 3:42 PM ET

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Detroit Lions running back Rudi Johnson says his luggage was taken from the team's practice facility by Tatum Bell.

Johnson was waived by Cincinnati, met with Lions president Matt Millen on Monday and signed a free-agent contact. During the meeting, his two duffel bags were taken from the team's headquarters.

Johnson said Wednesday he was shown surveillance footage Tuesday afternoon that captured the theft and told the Detroit Free Press that Bell looked "suspect" on the video.

The empty bags were returned Tuesday evening, but Johnson said he is still missing $200, his ID, credit cards and clothes.

Bell, however, claimed the situation was a misunderstanding. Bell told the Free Press that defensive end Victor DeGrate, whom the Lions released Saturday, had asked Bell to pick up his bags for him. Bell picked up the bags, not realizing they weren't DeGrate's.

"I wasn't thinking or nothing," Bell told the newspaper. "I just grabbed the backpack and grabbed the other bag. They weren't in nobody's locker or nothing like that. They were just sitting there by the computer area right there. I grabbed them and put them in the car.

"They said they got me on film taking the bags. I said, 'If you look on film, I wasn't in no hurry or nothing.' I was just going about my day," he said.

Bell said he delivered the bags to a female friend of DeGrate's without opening them. Bell told the Free Press that he did not have anything of Johnson's and wanted to clear his name.

"I ain't no thief," Bell told the Free Press. "I ain't never been one, and I ain't never going to be one."

Johnson said he had spoken with Bell and did not plan to involve the police. Johnson told the Free Press that he doesn't believe Bell's version of events.

"I tried to talk to Rudi yesterday, but he was pretty upset, so I let it go," Bell told the newspaper. "I come to find out the bags weren't whose I thought they was. It was just an honest mistake."

Johnson replaced Bell on Detroit's 53-man roster.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    - Bullocks has bumped Gerald Alexander out of the starting strong saftey job...

- Dizon will rotate with Lenon now at MLB, Dizon played 14 snaps on Sunday, made 5 tackles, and didn't blow any assignments, that's encouraging if you ask me, if we can move Lenon to strong side, and get Alex Lewis back to the bench, it's going to make us better...

- Bodden has bumped Fisher out of the starting lineup, it was only a matter of time...

- Campbell to IR; Michael Gaines will be new starting TE

- Brandon Middleton signed, he'll probably return punts...

- 1 game and 4 guys have been replaced in the starting lineups...

And they're all on the defensive side. Shocking.

MoTown is right.

Players meeting my ASS!

Those don't even seem like they are in order at all. That's the worst ranking I've ever seen.

Cleo Lemon is better than Trent Green?

And Matt Moore is the 16th best backup after being cut last year.

WTF has Quinn done to be in the top 10?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I didn't even check. I just say the worst being Detroits QB and posted it. nuf said.
    Players meeting my ASS!

I'm not sure I'd put us worst. Bottom third, yes. But half that list is QB's that have never thrown an NFL pass.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    also Manuel Ramirez is the new starter at right guard, Peterman takes a seat...

I'm not sure I'd put us worst. Bottom third, yes. But half that list is QB's that have never thrown an NFL pass.
    But Chris, we suck.
    Players meeting my ASS!

+ Reply to Thread