+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 40
FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 - Lions notes

BTW, Shaun Cody = DONE (another great pick)

We've got Redding and Darby starting. Now they have Fluellen. The last spot goes to Langston Moore or Cody. What has Cody done to keep that spot?

BTW, we gave up a 4th rounder to the Titans (Marion Barber was the next pick after that 4th rounder) to move up 4 spots to get Cody.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Old intereview with our first rounder, but interesting. Perhaps he would have been a higher rated OT if he had played LT his whole career.

Boston College's athletic website had a Q&A with Gosder Cherilus – the Detroit Lions' first-round pick – after his junior year. The big offensive tackle spoke about the Eagles switching to a zone blocking scheme, which the Lions will be running, between his junior and senior years. Second, he talked about why it's not as easy as some may think to switch from blocking on the right side to blocking on the left side.

BCEagles.com, April 26, 2007: It's been noted that you moved from the right side of the line to the left side. Most people don't understand why there's any difference, especially for an experienced lineman like you. So, please explain the adjustments you've had to make and how hard it has been. I've been playing on the right side my whole life and I was asked to play on the left side. It's a great opportunity to help myself and help my teammates, especially. It's one of the biggest positions on the field because you have to block our quarterback's blindside because he's right-handed. It puts a little bit more pressure on you when you have a one-on-one block because you can't let anybody go by you. The quarterback is behind you and he has confidence that you'll do your part because he's going to do his part. It's a little tough because I've been doing things with my right hand and now I have to put my left hand down, do left kick steps, left everything. It's a little bit of a challenge, but once again we're talking about football and there isn't a thing you do in football that isn't going to challenge you. I plan on welcoming the challenge and doing the best that I can at it because I think at the end of the day it's just going to be for the best of the team.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

ugh

Pinner signing scrambles Lions' RB situation
    by Tom Kowalski | Analysis
    Wednesday April 30, 2008, 6:58 PM

As a member of the Vikings, Artose Pinner's most memorable game was against his then-former and now-current team, the Lions.The signing of Artose Pinner by the Detroit Lions on Wednesday likely means that rookie third-round pick Kevin Smith is the only running back on the roster with a lock on a roster position. The Lions didn't bring in Pinner to carry the ball in preseason mop-up time. He's there to compete for a job and that means that Tatum Bell and Brian Calhoun are on shaky ground.

Other than that huge game against the Lions two years ago when he was with the Vikings, Pinner hasn't done much the last two seasons as a running back. Is he a better runner than Bell -- or even Calhoun? Probably not. But what Pinner gives you and the other two don't is special teams contributions. Backup running backs must deliver something on special teams and that's why it's extremely unlikely that both Bell and Calhoun will make Detroit's final roster.

wow, we are no longer just signing other team's retreads.

Yeah, we're now signing our own.
    _

Welcome to Detroit...Oregon. Home to Detroit Lake and nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    BTW, Shaun Cody = DONE (another great pick)

We've got Redding and Darby starting. Now they have Fluellen. The last spot goes to Langston Moore or Cody. What has Cody done to keep that spot?
    Shaun Cody had his own TV show. Pretty sure that's what sets him over the top.
    [img]i17.tinypic.com/5z1kqq8.gif[/img]

Hey, that kind of shit is important to Millen.

I actually liked the Lions draft. They got guys at positions of need. Three potential starters in the top 3 rds and a couple of depth guys. I did not feel the Cherilus was a reach because of the amount of tackle already taken and taken shortly after him. Now all we need is a left handed QB.

Quote Originally Posted by IronManKind
    Now all we need is a left handed QB.
    Haha. That would solve the Backus issue for sure.
    _

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Mitchell
    I'm still available

+ Reply to Thread