+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 40
FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 - Lions notes

I don't think we'll touch him. He doesn't have much left to offer IMO. Since we are a young team we'd be better off trusting a 2nd or 3rd round rookie. I think he'll spell a back somewhere else (like Barber in Dallas).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

BTW, with Cincy turning down a 1st and a 1st-3rd rounder (depending on production) for Chad Johnson, can we get both of the Dallas firsts for Roy?

If they would do it, I would.
    Harvey (DE), Mayo (MLB), Cherilus (OT) in the first
    Rice (RB) in the second
    Caldwell (or other WR) and Highsmith (or other OLB) in the 3rd

if you need to use any of the 4th-7th rounders to manuver up, do so.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

The only major "hole" would be at DT, but I think we could get by for a year and fill that next year.

That would be damn tempting. Johnson steps into Roy's role, let the other receivers keep doing what they did last year. Get some help on the O-Line. What FA receivers are still on the market that could be decent #2 guys? Or would we move one of our slot-types, like Furrey, into the #2 role?
    _

I would think the 3rd rounder would be your #2 and Furrey in the slot where he belongs. You could always bring in a vet #2 for a year to let the 3rd rounder grow into the role. These would be the options:

Troy Brown
    David Givens
    Eddie Kennison
    Keenan McCardell
    Eric Moulds
    Peerless Price

I'm not sure what any of these have left in the tank.

We'd probably just be fine with CJ, Furrey and McDonald until the rookie can contribute.

Furrey is a #3 McDonald is a #4 Guy (we shouldnt see many 4 WR sets this year). We could manage. I like picking up a vet for that spot, i would like to see Moulds here on a 1 year deal.

Dallas has a real chance to make that trade. We could really bulk up, trade one of those first round picks for a 2nd and 4th. This leaves us at 1 first, 2 second, 2 third, 2 fourth, 1 fifth, 1 sixth and 1 seventh.

Id like to Rivers LB USC in the first round
    Pat Sims DT Auburn with the first of our 2nd RD PK
    Rice with our Second 2nd RD PK
    Tavares Gooden LB MIAMI first 3rd rd pk
    Carl Nicks OT NEBRASKA Second 3rd PK
    Mike McGlynn OG PITT With the First 4thRD PK

Thats as far as i can really see, but i think that deal could be done and Dallas needs that deal to be done.

Anyone find it ironic that the only position we're deep at is Wide Receiver, and really none of that is because of the WRs we've drafted?

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Naz, I love where your head is at, but we're never going to get Rivers in the first round. He'll go long before its our pick. At best, we could reach for Mayo if we wanted a LB. I would really love to grab Rivers though.
    _

I still like Harvey, Mayo, Cherilus, Rice, Caldwell (we may have to use a middle pick to move up for Harvey depending on how the draft progresses).

Yes we need a DT, but Hawaii 5-0 is going to do shit at DE.

+ Reply to Thread