+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 40
FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 - Lions notes

HEY! im the smartest feller in my own mind!

Hey i can't spell, read, color or draw..... but i know my football and that completes me!

Quote Originally Posted by Naz
    Hey i can't spell, read, color or draw..... but i know my football and that completes me!

Well put...well put...

Keith Rivers (USC LB) blog on his visit pre-draft visit to Detroit

As promised I am back in the Yard to fill you in on my trip to Detroit.

I flew into Detroit right after my New England visit. I got in Tuesday night and spent Wednesday at the Lions facility. I felt at home with all the Trojans there - I met with Joe Barry and Rod Marinelli and Shaun Cody, one of my former teammates. They gave me a tour of the facility and I ran into Buster Davis, who I played against in high school. He was a senior when I was a sophomore and they beat us 21-7 but we were debating who had the better game.

I got a chance to spend time with Matt Millen. He was very straight forward. He told me what to expect in my first year and how to make the transition from college to pro. It was some really good advice about eventually becoming the player who makes his teammates better. And he would know. He was a great linebacker.

Detroit really impressed me. The players enjoy being there. It was kind of like when I first came to USC to visit. Everyone was so upbeat and working hard. The Lions are going to turn the corner you could just feel it.
    apparently the visit came with a side of cornbread

Quote Originally Posted by Rivers
    It was so upbeat
    Give it a month, Keith....
    _

They turn the corner every year, unfortunately they turn the wrong way.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    man, I'm just surprised he said that the players enjoy being here, it's got to be miserable being a Detroit Lion.

except for George Foster, he can't believe he got resigned

and yet we are paying Woody millions to not even play here.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Just remember that I called Shaun Alexander to the Lions months ago.
    Find a new slant.

Please tell me it didn't happen!
    _

+ Reply to Thread