+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 24
FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 -- NFL News

From what I gathered, the police don't think he fired the shots, just that it was his gun. The legal guy I was listening to said in PA, if you own a gun that is used in a crime you are have some culpibility.

I like MH, hopefully this will all go away.
    Players meeting my ASS!

So the league cancelled the CBA.

one of things that might come of this is 1 more regular season game, 17 total and 1 less preseason.

Sounds ok to me. Then again, we get to get disapointed another Sunday this winter.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    Stu's from Saginaw and played at my (and Jethro's) alma mater.

Raiders release S Schweigert
    Associated Press

Updated: May 20, 2008, 7:20 PM ET

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- The Oakland Raiders released safety Stuart Schweigert on Tuesday, cutting ties with a former starter who lost his job late last season.

Schweigert, a third-round pick out of Purdue in 2004, became the starter at free safety midway through his second season in Oakland and started 37 consecutive games before being replaced last season.

Schweigert lost his job to Hiram Eugene when he was forced to miss a game with an injured calf and then played as a backup in the final five contests of the season.

Schweigert struggled at times last season as a run-stopper and the Raiders set out to improve their tackling at safety this offseason by signing Gibril Wilson from the Super Bowl champion New York Giants.

Wilson lined up mostly as a strong safety during last week's practice open to the media, with former first-round pick Michael Huff shifting to his more natural position of free safety. That left little room for Schweigert, who missed the open practice with a leg injury.

Schweigert had 215 tackles and four interceptions in 63 games with the Raiders. He also had 20 passes defensed, four fumble recoveries and two forced fumbles.
    Find a new slant.

Stu was a perfect fit for the Raiders, too.

I mean, being one of the most well-known kids in Saginaw Township and yet thinking he could slip a fake ID to a cop when he was drunk and got pulled over, classic stuff.
    Then several issues with alcohol in college - had him ranked as one of the riskiest picks that year, based on off-field stuff. He and Charles Rogers graduated the same year, had some classic showdowns on the field and in track. Both drastic underachievers, much impacted by drugs and alcohol. Sad. Saginaw.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Blog Entries
    Per RotoWorld...

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Dolphins will trade Jason Taylor if and only if they're offered a second-round draft choice.

Now maybe I'm underscoring the true value of a 2nd round draft pick, but given the shit we've drafted in the 2nd round the last decade (Shaun Cody, Teddy Lehman, Boss Bailey, Ikaika Alama-Francis, Gerald Alexander, Daniel Bullocks, Drew Stanton, etc.) wouldn't it seem like a steal if the Lions coughed up a 2nd round pick, and got a Pro Bowl pass rusher like Taylor??

I mean honestly, not that I think we're actually going to contend this year, but he makes us better team. We're going to be starting Jared fucking DeVries at DE this year, and he will probably get about 3 sacks and a forced fumble...

Again, maybe I'm just clueless as to how sacred a 2nd round pick is around the league, but having known how our 2nd round picks have been developing, and how easily we seem to acquire 2nd round picks (somehow we had 3 in '07), I don't see why the Lions, or anyother team for that matter, wouldn't consider making that move...

Somebody explain that to me, why is a 2nd round pick that valuable?? Odds are that player isn't going to be as good as Jason Taylor...

Nobody is going to offer a 2nd rounder when Taylor said he'd like to play one more season. If someone's going to throw a 2nd at him they want another 2-3 years out of him at least.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Stu's from Saginaw and played at my (and Jethro's) alma mater.

You went to Purdue?

Blog Entries
    Yes.
    Find a new slant.

Saginaw High? ...they used to kick our ass in Basketball.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Nope. Saginaw High is on the east side of the city. Arthur Hill west side. Even further west, in Saginaw Township, is Heritage: home of Glenn, Jethro and Stu Schweigart. West of that? Thomas Township and Swan Valley High School: home of DreTre, Moodini, Wizzle, FillyCheese, Jickboy....um, other names that can't be spoken (KO).
    We had subs. It was crazy.

+ Reply to Thread