+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 48
FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast

Thread: Aks Kstat or if he never Comes back Mxy will answer

Referring to Maxiell?

I'm still of the opinion that Maxiell is a legit 6th man in the NBA. He just needs to play in a structured halfcourt offense. The slower the tempo is, the more comfortable Max is with the ball.

Had we kept Flip, I think Maxiell would still be as valuable as he was when we won 59 games with him making major contributions.

I also think a 6th man is nothing to scoff at. A lot of vary good players in the NBA are 6th men. Maxiell has that kind of ability, but he needs the right atmosphere to show it.

You really feel he can be a 6th Man here?

Or in a different situation with a different coach, different players, different style?

Cause I don't see it here. What makes you that high on him?
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

He WAS a 6th man here two years ago. He came off the bench and wrecked the shit out of a lot of teams, both offensively and on the offensive glass.

Flip's system was perfect for him in that it got him the ball in space, where he could face up his man and either shoot over the top or drive. He didnt have to think about passing or worry about help D, he just attacked one-on-one, and he had a career year doing it.

But you cant have maxiell in a free flowing offense, because he simply cant make snap decisions.

But other than that 1 season what has he done?

I know he's got talent and he can play a role - he just isn't gonna be anything of note here IMO.

It would be better for him if he got dealt.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

that 1 season was really the only year where he was on a team set up for his style of play, and with the playing time to hand him.

And yeah he'd be better off on another team, because I dont see him doing much better this season. Kuester's up-tempo system isnt for him, either.

I could see a team like Dallas or Washington or new jersey make a play for him.

Blog Entries
    K, what are your thoughts about the signing and releasing of Deron Washington?
    Find a new slant.

I'm disappointed, but the only reason this reflects poorly on the Pistons is if he signs on somewhere else and becomes a star.

If the coaches dont like what they saw in practice, im going to take them at their word that he just wasnt NBA material.

K, What did you think of Bynum's performance today? Awesome?
    Players meeting my ASS!

He was okay. Way too careless with the ball, but he hit some big shots.

He continues to be the other team's offensive focus every time he checks in. I continue to see endless isolation plays meant to take advantage of him defensively.

Do you think all of these injuries are the silver lining in seeing what 'our' youngsters can do?
    Players meeting my ASS!

+ Reply to Thread