+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: 2008 campaign for the Prez

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    Dubya definately failed conservatives on issues like smaller gov't and spending but he did keep the country safe.

Failed on 2 of 3.
    Didn't 9/11 happen on Dubya's watch?

Carter was a incompetent buffoon.
    ??
    _

Quote Originally Posted by geerussell
    Even if you couldn't always agree with him and didn't expect greatness from him, he did always seem intelligent, well informed and a capable manager... what the hell happened to his son?

_

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    ??
    I hate when this happens. egg on face. Carter was a fucking idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    Didn't 9/11 happen on Dubya's watch?
    Yes it did. My statement is incorrect. I can always count on you to correct me with facts, your opinion or your rationale.

But once we were blindsided with 911, he defended this country. Can you correct me on that?

Yes it did. My statement is incorrect. I can always count on you to correct me with facts, your opinion or your rationale.

But once we were blindsided with 911, he defended this country. Can you correct me on that?

ANTHRAX!

In much the same way that I don't blame Bush for 9/11, I don't credit him with success in keeping us safe afterwards. Since 9/11, Bush has said he's truly not worried about Bin Laden, and let North Korea get nuclear materials while getting us into a war on Iraq that's fomenting the next generation of terrorists. We've extended ourselves and have less of an ability to deal with the next big threat.

Of course, safety is how you feel about it. Safety is as much about peddling emotion as it is about concrete issues.

In much the same way that I don't blame Bush for 9/11, I don't credit him with success in keeping us safe afterwards. Since 9/11, Bush has said he's truly not worried about Bin Laden, and let North Korea get nuclear materials while getting us into a war on Iraq that's fomenting the next generation of terrorists. We've extended ourselves and have less of an ability to deal with the next big threat.

Of course, safety is how you feel about it. Safety is as much about peddling emotion as it is about concrete issues.
    ^ your rationale. The facts are, we haven't been attacked. And by you not giving him credit, is partisan.

"haven't been attacked" and "safe" often turn out to be different things. Lots of people have gone through the crappy parts of downtown Detroit and not gotten attacked, but that doesn't mean they think they're safe. And, that perception of safety (or lack thereof) may have little to do with how likely they are to be attacked, or get swallowed by a pothole.

As far as "not getting attacked" during his term, I'd give the folks who do the day-to-day enforcement and grunt work more credit than the President. This isn't partisan spin. Under Clinton's terms, attacks on us were limited (off the top of my head -- Oklahoma City, the U.S.S. Cole, the first World Trade Center attack), and I've never attributed that sort of thing to Clinton.

"haven't been attacked" and "safe" often turn out to be different things. Lots of people have gone through the crappy parts of downtown Detroit and not gotten attacked, but that doesn't mean they think they're safe. And, that perception of safety (or lack thereof) may have little to do with how likely they are to be attacked, or get swallowed by a pothole.

As far as "not getting attacked" during his term, I'd give the folks who do the day-to-day enforcement and grunt work more credit than the President. This isn't partisan spin. Under Clinton's terms, attacks on us were limited (off the top of my head -- Oklahoma City, the U.S.S. Cole, the first World Trade Center attack), and I've never attributed that sort of thing to Clinton.
    ^ Partisan spin, to me.

I guess you aren't into the everything changed on 911 camp.

Of course the Prez isn't on the front lines, but he supports them. And when he tries to wire tap for peeps over seas the Libs come with calls of impeachment.

When the terrorists attacked the WTC the first time, Clinton called it criminal. When they attacked the 2nd time, Bush called it an act of war. Bush did the right thing. The world leaders that have been elected in the last few years know it and understand it.

+ Reply to Thread