+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pistons / Wings Wallpaper

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up

Pistons / Wings Wallpaper

At work I have dual monitors with 1280x1024 resolution on each. Since it's playoff time for the Pistons and Wings I thought I would make a wallpaper that is 2560x1024 with half dedicated to each team and split it in half, that way it will look continuous.

My first problem is Google isn't giving me crap for pictures to use. Are there some sites in particular that are good for team pics that I'm just not finding? I have the RW logo and a couple Stevie Y pics. I wouldn't mind a good frontal pic of Hasek in goal. For the Pistons I have the logo and most of the pics on my hard drive are better than what I've found online.

After that it will be a learning experience in Photoshop because I've never done much creating, just editing.

You can usually find some stuff on their official site.
    _

Tried that.

Damn. Beyond that, I'm stumped.
    _

Usually I end up finding my pics from game recaps. Try looking up archived free press or other papers from playoff runs (you can do a date search on their website for the day after a game). You might find some good game shots there.

BTW, I also use duals and would be interested in your finished product.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

So far (not too far) I have the Pistons on the left and Wings on the right. Their logos are centered in the respective screen, with a color gradient going (left to right) Pistons blue, Wings red, white. Didn't get many pics in yet, I found a decent Hasek pic from a hockey card where he is facing to the right so I'll put that on the left of the right screen. I'm going to letter 'Hockeytown' somewhere on it too.

Anyway it will be a few days at the least since my time is crunched during the week, but I'll post em here Chris.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    I have been alternating between these two - first this one:
    http://www.need4sheed.com/Wallpapers...r_1024x768.jpg

And this is the one I'm currently using:
    http://www.roundballfrenzy.com/wallpapers/pistons/2008/playoffs4.jpg

Version 1 is done. Despite that it was a learning experience in PS I'll make them better next weekend. The letters and brushes could be a lot cooler. I just wanted to get something done today so I can use them at work next week. I'll put the links because I can't remember how to resize images and they're 1280x1024.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...stons_Work.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...Wings_Work.jpg

Those are pretty cool. I've been wanted to do a wings Swede oriented one for a while, but I don't have photoshop at my new job.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread