+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Hammond leaving for Milwaukee (old thread)

Blog Entries
    I doubt Hammond will try and "poach" a guy like Kander. Hammond's still one of Dumar's BFF's and I doubt he'd want to light a match under those bridges...

I don't know if Hammond is walking into a good situation Glenn, I think that rosters a mess, alot of bad contracts (Mo Williams, Michael Redd, Dan Gadzuric) and a couple guys who you have to make some big decisions on about giving them bad contracts (Bogut, Villanueva)

Highwarrior, maybe somone gets promoted to Hammond's role and Hunter moves into their old position.
    _

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Does anyone wonder if this gives insight into what he thinks of the future of the Pistons organization? Maybe he doesn't want to be around for a big rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    This is a great hire for the Bucks, IMO.

I think he's got a lot of pieces in place already, he'll just Pistonize them and they'll be much improved.

Speaking of that, will he try to pillage the Pistons?

Since Kohl wants an experienced head coach, I suppose you won't see Michael Curry or Lindsey heading there, but what if he throws a bunch of $ at Arnie Kander?
    Ok, Kander has been discussed, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if one of these other guys you mentioned are ex employees after the season ends.

Hammond will hire Rick Carlisle. It's too good a fit not to happen.

I think that may actually be a good hire for him. He's great at taking mediocre teams and working them up. He just wears out his welcome after a while.
    _

Kander will get paid what he's worth. It's not as if he can get a better position with another NBA team.

Money being equal, he'll stay here. There's no reason for him to leave an organization he's clearly happy and familiar with.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Hammond will hire Rick Carlisle. It's too good a fit not to happen.

97.1 already confirmed it
    twitter.com/screamphoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    Does anyone wonder if this gives insight into what he thinks of the future of the Pistons organization? Maybe he doesn't want to be around for a big rebuild.
    Nah, that wouldn't bother him. If anything that kind of thing would give him purpose. A coach or player may bail, but those processes are what GMs live for.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    No...he'd rather go to a team that's ALREADY in for a big rebuild....

God forbid the guy just might be wanting to run his own franchise. Nope, it must be a sign of impending doom.

Because when your assistants get big promotions with other teams, it's always a sign that your organization doesn't have its shit together.

+ Reply to Thread