+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Anyone play chess?

Quote Originally Posted by bukdow
    Hey, alright. I have a friend who likes to play that, I always decline. I generally use Sicilian (especially when playing defense) or Ruy Lopez.
    I'm not so good on defense, I guess you could say I play a poor French.
    I stick with Gambit because I am so used to seeing it declined at this point that I feel comfortable with where the games go.
    Hype?

Quote Originally Posted by BubblesTheLion
    I'm not so good on defense, I guess you could say I play a poor French.
    I stick with Gambit because I am so used to seeing it declined at this point that I feel comfortable with where the games go.
    Yeah, I hear ya. Hell, most of my openings with white start with e4 and are followed by piece development.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    I picture bukdow sitting at his computer and thinking of things to google and then post on various chat boards what an expert he is on all this shit.

Sorry dude, well rounded people don't sit on message boards all friggin' day.

I should know.
    What the hell does playing chess have to do with being well-rounded? I mean look at BubblesTheLion.

Quote Originally Posted by bukdow
    What the hell does playing chess have to do with being well-rounded? I mean look at BubblesTheLion.
    You can call me Sir Walter Raleigh.
    Hype?

Quote Originally Posted by BubblesTheLion
    You can call me Sir Walter Raleigh.
    Yes, Sir.

if i was going to bet my life on anything, it would be that bukdow is the type of guy who puts alot of merit in knowing the names of strategies in chess. note: this does not suggest that bukdow is good at chess or even knows anything about those strategies, just that he is very impressed (and thinks its very impressive) to know the names of strategies.

im glad that this thread validated that theory.

in conclusion, motown was right: this has been an amazing thread.

Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    if i was going to bet my life on anything, it would be that bukdow is the type of guy who puts alot of merit in knowing the names of strategies in chess. note: this does not suggest that bukdow is good at chess or even knows anything about those strategies, just that he is very impressed (and thinks its very impressive) to know the names of strategies.

im glad that this thread validated that theory.

in conclusion, motown was right: this has been an amazing thread.
    You are wrong and have learned nothing.

+ Reply to Thread