+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anyone play chess?

I like to put little tattoos on my pawns and then use them to take down the queen with a thuggish mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Risking ridicule...yes, i used to play chess a lot. I was even on my chess team in elementary school and was the top player (the equivilent of #1 singles in tennis). I used to be rated nationally as well. I think I was in the top 1500 in my age bracket, whatever it was, only losing one match total in 5th and 6th grade. When I went to junior high I never really played much again. I still enjoy it, but probably play about once a year if that. Mostly I don't play because people won't play me. I usually bust out the 4 move check mate on them and they don't want to play again.

I put myself out on a limb, play nice please (or I'll ban you).
    I think thats pretty cool. However, getting somebody caught in a Fool`s Mate only happens when you are playing neophytes, and bad ones at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzle
    I like to put little tattoos on my pawns and then use them to take down the queen with a thuggish mentality.
    Are they neck tattoos? Do your pawns pwn from Memphis?
    _

I play quite a bit with the boy. We enjoy it as a family type thing. Its a good way to teach a kid good sportsmanship too. He's usually red and I'm black. I double jumped him the other day and got kinged at the same time and he didn't even get mad.

Oops that checkers...never mind.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by bukdow
    I think thats pretty cool. However, getting somebody caught in a Fool`s Mate only happens when you are playing neophytes, and bad ones at that.
    my god, you are so far up your own ass

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    I play quite a bit with the boy. We enjoy it as a family type thing. Its a good way to teach a kid good sportsmanship too. He's usually red and I'm black. I double jumped him the other day and got kinged at the same time and he didn't even get mad.

Oops that checkers...never mind.
    Hey, thats cool. Playing games with your kids is a good way to teach them to be good winners and good losers.

Does Checkers count? It's the same board, right?

Can somebody hijack this thread, and rename it:

Anyone play Chess? a.k.a. The Checkers Thread

I play a little, I typically start out of a Queen's Gambit.
    Hype?

Quote Originally Posted by BubblesTheLion
    I play a little, I typically start out of a Queen's Gambit.
    Hey, alright. I have a friend who likes to play that, I always decline. I generally use Sicilian (especially when playing defense) or Ruy Lopez.

Quote Originally Posted by bukdow
    I picture bukdow sitting at his computer and thinking of things to google and then post on various chat boards what an expert he is on all this shit.

Sorry dude, well rounded people don't sit on message boards all friggin' day.

I should know.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

+ Reply to Thread