+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anyone play chess?

Anyone play chess?

Just wondering if any of you play chess. If so what are your favorite openings and why, etc. Any memorable games? That type of stuff.

We don't have an emoticon that can describe how great this thread is going to be...

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    We don't have an emoticon that can describe how great this thread is going to be...
    Why? Its a thread about chess. Either you play or you don`t.

I was actually being serious. I just have a feeling that this thread will get off-track quickly, and it probably won't be your doing, bukdow.

I've played chess, but I don't play it enough to know the names of each individual box.

So I guess the answer is no, I don't play chess.

MoTown is right.

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    I was actually being serious. I just have a feeling that this thread will get off-track quickly, and it probably won't be your doing, bukdow.

I've played chess, but I don't play it enough to know the names of each individual box.

So I guess the answer is no, I don't play chess.
    I see.

Risking ridicule...yes, i used to play chess a lot. I was even on my chess team in elementary school and was the top player (the equivilent of #1 singles in tennis). I used to be rated nationally as well. I think I was in the top 1500 in my age bracket, whatever it was, only losing one match total in 5th and 6th grade. When I went to junior high I never really played much again. I still enjoy it, but probably play about once a year if that. Mostly I don't play because people won't play me. I usually bust out the 4 move check mate on them and they don't want to play again.

I put myself out on a limb, play nice please (or I'll ban you).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Its cool that you could do well at it. Don't assume Glenn.
    STEW BEEF!

I used to play a ton when I was younger, but its been so long I'd be terrible now. I don't remember any of my old moves but I used to know a few 3-5 move checkmates.

I've still got a chess set but no one to play with.
    _

Blog Entries

I put myself out on a limb, play nice please (or I'll ban you).
    Please do.

+ Reply to Thread