+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Fuck Memphis

HAHA
    _

This reminds of the nappy headed hos comment. In other news, maybe prideful idiots shouldn't call out other schools when msu can't even get through most years without tear gas being used to break up a drunken idiot marathon. In fact, msu riots has its own wikipedia page:

The Michigan State University student riot is an event that took place on and around the campus of Michigan State University in East Lansing, Michigan on the night of March 27, 1999. Following a loss by MSU's basketball team to Duke University in the NCAA Final Four, thousands of students and non-students (estimates range from 5,000 - 10,000 people) gathered around the Grand River Ave. area of East Lansing. Eventually this mass of people rioted; breaking windows, overturning cars, and starting bonfires in the streets. Local police called in reinforcements from as far away as Howell, Michigan to help quell the unrest and utilized tear gas and riot gear to control the crowds. By the time local law enforcement regained control, over $150,000 in damage had been done to the campus and surrounding city [1]. In the aftermath of the riots, Michigan passed a law barring anyone convicted of rioting from attending publicly funded universities in Michigan [2].

Other Notable Civil Disturbances
    Though the March 27 1999, incident was the most serious riot to happen in East Lansing, it was by no means the first or last incidence of civil disturbance:

Grand River Avenue antiwar riots of 1972.[citation needed]
    Cedarfest riots of the late 1980s/early 1990s. The most recent of which on April 5th/6th, 2008.
    September 6, 1997: 500 partygoers in the Gunson Street neighborhood confronted police, throwing bottles and damaging police vehicles.[citation needed]
    May 1, 1998: An estimated 3000 students protesting the ban on alcohol at Munn Field tailgate parties resulted in police firing tear gas at the crowd.[citation needed]
    April 2, 2005: An estimated 2,000 students and non-students took to the streets immediately following the men's basketball team's loss to UNC in the final four, causing an estimated $8,275 in damage to the city of East Lansing and costing area law enforcement an estimated $190,389 in expenses. The April 2 event was marked by accusations of police abuse and mismanagement. Though large segments of the disturbance were documented on video, no specific acts of violence were seen until after tear gas was launched at the students. The City Council formed a commission to review the events. The commission declined to assess blame to the students and police by a 5-4 vote [3].
    April 6, 2008: In what was described as a renewal of the Cedar Fest festival of the 1970's and 1980's, approximately 3,000 to 4,000 students gathered around the Cedar Village Apartment Complex. Initially the crowd was peaceful, and police chose to observe the crowd and step in only to arrest or ticket those who were behaving illegally. As the evening wore on the crowd began to behave violently, throwing beer bottles at officers, tearing up street signs and setting dumpster fires. After being hit with bottles, cans, and various other debris at an increasing rate for well over an hour the Police ordered the crowd to disperse using loudspeakers. Those who did not were first subject to a combination of 24 smoke grenades, 20 flashbang grenades, and 20 stingball grenades. These were not successful in dispersing the crowd, so 13 rounds of teargas were fired which eventually dispersed the crowd. There were 52 arrests made 28 of which were MSU Students.
    "The moon is a light bulb breaking
    It'll go around with anyone
    But it won't come down for anyone"

Blog Entries
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    These kids with their neck tattoos and their gummy bears and the Aerosmith are ruining college sports.
    Agreed.

Honestly Bukdow...it's because of stupid pointless moronic shit like this, that makes me embarrassed to be a Spartan fan at times. Also you should just drop all the fancy vocab to make you sound smarter...IMO you're trying to hard, and falling on your face...no one cares what you can look up in the dictionary.

Blog Entries
    I did some spying on SpartanTailgate and found out that bukdow hates Memphis because of their graduation rates, their players inciting riots, and the fact they hit women. The neck tattoos just top it all off.
    Last edited by Timone; 04-07-2008 at 09:21 PM.

But isn't that what peeps with neck tats do? I think they don't graduate, they incite riots and hit women. I'm not prejudice or anything like that though.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    But isn't that what peeps with neck tats do? I think they don't graduate, they incite riots and hit women. I'm not prejudice or anything like that though.

^ lol
    Players meeting my ASS!

Neck tats then next thing these kids will want to wear the baseball hats sidewayz
    Players meeting my ASS!

+ Reply to Thread