+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11
FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Aks Uncle Mxy a Political Question (Enlightenment Inside)

Don't worry, I'm not offended at all. As I said I'm a Catholic and I don't understand some of the things people do in my faith. I can't figure out why a priest can't be married either, but that's another topic.

I was just trying to put my words into context (establishing that I don't believe everything they say).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Saw JFK the movie for the first time Mxy a week ago(I am not a fan of wild conspiracies), and was surprised after reading up on Jim Garrison and the conspiracy itself how plausible and maybe even close to likely it is along with it's similarities to Right Wing Iraq War profiteering. What is your opinion on the Domestic Coup D'etat, the facts of the crime(shitty rifle, impossible shot, inconsistent autopsy testimony, head flying back on the last shot suggesting that it came from the front, etc.), and it's politics?
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by Codename V
    head flying back on the last shot suggesting that it came from the front
    I saw something on this question on tv once. They did a demonstration with melons showing how they fell in the opposite direction of the shot. The reason for this was while the entry impact pushed them in the direction of the shot, the bullet creates a buildup of pressure as it passes though and makes an explosive exit leaving a huge hole and pushing the melon in the opposite direction of the shot.

Replace "melon" with "jfk's head" and you get an explanation for the head moving what appears to be the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by geerussell
    I saw something on this question on tv once. They did a demonstration with melons showing how they fell in the opposite direction of the shot. The reason for this was while the entry impact pushed them in the direction of the shot, the bullet creates a buildup of pressure as it passes though and makes an explosive exit leaving a huge hole and pushing the melon in the opposite direction of the shot.

Replace "melon" with "jfk's head" and you get an explanation for the head moving what appears to be the wrong way.
    I'm sure there's some realm of possibility in this occurrence, but odds are more likely that it came from the front and that his skull is different than a bullet. And doesn't explain the traveling "pristine bullet" from a piece of shit rifle at a shitty angle span that most Sharpshooters in could not pull off(Oswald was no sharpshooter) from a guy trained as a spy possibly ONI. Also if Jim Garrison was off in his assessment, why so much effort to discredit him(having tv specials to discredit by producers reporting to the CIA).
    ^

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Confession: I never could get into the cult of JFK, Camelot, the murder, mob, and other conspiracies, Jackie's fashion, etc. The only JFK-related stuff that intrigues me is "did he bang Marilyn", which is more about her mystique than his. (In fact, when I first heard about the JFK movie, my first question was "who's playing Marilyn?") I used to think that it was a generational thing, but I went to Dublin a few years back and was floored at the Kennedy woody the Irish STILL have. I was a few feet from one of the minor Kennedy politicians in Boston about 15 years back, and never shook his hand. I'm a heretic to the pivotal American experience of the Kennedys. I expect to be fed to the great god Chappaquiddick as punishment for my sins, here.

As for the public political impact of the JFK conspiracies: Arlen Specter still has a job. Ford became President. Folks who got cast on the crackpot side fared less well. The real impact was the decay of trust, which Watergate cemented... an incursion of grim reality into happy fantasy. Now we have grown to expect the trainwrecks and gawk at them, to keep hope buried inside... yadda yadda yadda.

Shit, I can't get into this JFK stuff. Maybe I'm having a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by Codename V
    I'm sure there's some realm of possibility in this occurrence, but odds are more likely that it came from the front
    It's just what bullets do when they hit something dense. They penetrate through in a relatively small entry wound and if they have enough force to go all they way through, they exit explosively. You say "realm of possibility" like it's a longshot occurrence, it's the norm.

and that his skull is different than a bullet.
    Indeed, skulls are very different than bullets.

And doesn't explain the traveling "pristine bullet" from a piece of shit rifle at a shitty angle span that most Sharpshooters in could not pull off(Oswald was no sharpshooter) from a guy trained as a spy possibly ONI. Also if Jim Garrison was off in his assessment, why so much effort to discredit him(having tv specials to discredit by producers reporting to the CIA).
    I'm not taking a side on the long list of questions surrounding it, just saying that one particular detail has a rational, demonstrable explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by geerussell

Indeed, skulls are very different than bullets.
    I meant to say melon. Otherwise i i get the "explainable" element. Just dont buy it as probable especially coupled with everything else. Overall though I dont have a severe opinion on the subject, just found the elements(factual ones) interesting.
    ^

There's nothing like google and dubious search terms to end up with things that make you go ewwwwww. this link takes you to a ballistics textbook that discusses headshot entry/exit wounds in fascinating, graphic detail. With pictures. Color pictures. Don't say you weren't warned. No, it's not a rick roll. You might end up wishing it had been.

That is some fucked up shit
    Players meeting my ASS!

+ Reply to Thread