+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Aks Uncle Mxy a Political Question (Enlightenment Inside)

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Swami
    Everyone's like "oh we don't like what China's government is up to but we can't turn the Olympics into a protest moment." Why exactly is that? What the hell is so wrong with actually telling China that they suck?
    I think it's because we've seen in 1980 and 1984 that superpowers playing political pissing matches with the Olympics only served to spoil things for the athletes. Some of the political protests have been deadly. Others haven't worked out at all for the athletes.

The best Olympic protest we ever did was kicking Aryan butt in Germany in 1936 -- the 'shut up and win' strategy. Win gold in China's best sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    Win gold in China's best sports.
    They have "child-regulation" in the Olympics?
    _

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    They have "child-regulation" in the Olympics?
    It's not really a political question, but the answer should be obvious to anyone who's watched Olympic gymnastics.

I think it's because we've seen in 1980 and 1984 that superpowers playing political pissing matches with the Olympics only served to spoil things for the athletes. Some of the political protests have been deadly. Others haven't worked out at all for the athletes.

The best Olympic protest we ever did was kicking Aryan butt in Germany in 1936 -- the 'shut up and win' strategy. Win gold in China's best sports.
    You are aware that the Nazis beat us in both points and medals, right? All I ask is that my enlightenment come with a side of truth, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Swami
    Everyone's like "oh we don't like what China's government is up to but we can't turn the Olympics into a protest moment." Why exactly is that? What the hell is so wrong with actually telling China that they suck?
    It's like those cock-suckers in England who tried to extinguish the Olympic relay torch -- less they forget that merry ol' England ruled the world in human rights violations for much of the 18th and 19th century.

Every country (even Canada) "sucks" in one way or the other in terms of some kind of "rights" violations (though Canada-Major's hatred for Quebec is well justified). Sure, China deserves every barb thrown at them, very much like how the U.S. South deserved the all that hit them regarding flagrant racism up until the 1960's. Of course, I'm not certain the rest of the world differentiated between the "U.S. South" and the U.S.A. So, to have a country who's fresh off lynching and cross-burning blast China isn't exactly the smoothest approach.

I'm looking for the moment when members of Congress from the Mississippi stand up and condemn the Chinese for their human rights violations. I'll roll on the ground with ironic laughter.

Of course, who am I to speak, considering Cali's contribution to this mess:

Last edited by DennyMcLain; 04-06-2008 at 04:36 PM.

Mxy

Regardless of Bill O'Reilly's political slant, do you find him (and his graphics department) wildly entertaining?

http://digg.com/television/Bill_O_Re...e_d_last_night

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade
    You are aware that the Nazis beat us in both points and medals, right? All I ask is that my enlightenment come with a side of truth, too.
    From everything I've read, the Germans were using performance enhancing drugs before it became fashionable for other sportsmen. That started with amphetamines and testosterone in the 1936 Olympics. They likely fielded the most professional team as well. Hitler wanted to make an impression on the world, and he did.

Still. the biggest hero was Jesse Owens, who showed Hitler where he could shove his Aryan races. Rather than boycott, we competed and sent a statement to the world by winning, and that's what I was thinking when I spoke of kicking Olympic bootius maximus.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyMcLain
    Regardless of Bill O'Reilly's political slant, do you find him (and his graphics department) wildly entertaining?
    Honestly, I don't have much of an Orally fixation.
    Anal, on the other hand...

There's nobody left to send a statement to in the olympics any more since the soviet union broke up. It really is lonely at the top.

It's not really a political question, but the answer should be obvious to anyone who's watched Olympic gymnastics.
    Aren't they also good at diving too? I thought I remembered that as a young teen when I actually watched the Olympics.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread