+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Favorite Quotes thread

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotama Buddha
    Mind is the forerunner of all phenomena. Mind is their chief; they are all mind-made. If, with an impure mind, a person speaks or acts, suffering follows him like the wheel that follows the foot of the ox.

"He abused me, he struck me, he overpowered me, he robbed me." Those who harbor such thoughts will not overcome their anger.

Hatred is never appeased by hatred in this world. By non-hatred alone is hatred appeased. This is a law eternal.

Just as rain breaks through a badly-thatched house, so passion penetrates an undeveloped mind.

The doer of good delights here and hereafter; he delights in this life and future lives. He thinks "I have done good things" and this makes him happy, and he is even happier in the hereafter.

Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by Winnie the Pooh

"Nobody can be uncheered with a balloon."

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Reggie Jackson

“The only reason I don’t like playing in the World Series is I can’t watch myself play.”

He who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger--Confucious
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

heres a quote from my igoogle quotes of the day. amazingly on topic:

A fine quotation is a diamond on the finger of a man of wit, and a pebble in the hand of a fool.
    - Joseph Roux

heres another one from said page i enjoyed:

Life is the farce that everyone has to perform.
    - Arthur Rimbaud

I like the Rambo quote, but i admit, i read his work and couldnt get into it. im thinking i'll eventually try it again, but with my good friend charles shaw to help me out.

Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    Life is the farce that everyone has to perform.
    - Arthur Rimbaud
    I like the Rambo quote, but i admit, i read his work and couldnt get into it. im thinking i'll eventually try it again, but with my good friend charles shaw to help me out.
    diddy: My favorite Rambo quote is this: "Duuuhyahh Yo Adduhhh Adrian, we duhhh dahhh DID IT!"
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

if were talking shakespeare and quotes, and badass, julius ceasar is literally (pun!!) filled with them.

Men at some time are masters of their fates: The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings

Not that I loved Caesar less, but that I loved Rome more

Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard, it seems to me most strange that men should fear;
    Seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come

Caesar shall forth: the things that threaten'd me
    Ne'er look'd but on my back; when they shall see
    The face of Caesar, they are vanished.

“If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” -Aleksander Solzhenitsyn

"The self is a relation that relates itself to itself, or is the relation's relating itself to itself in the relation; the self is not the relation but is the relation relating itself to itself." -Kierkegaard, in one of his less lucid moments

Damnit. I just put in like 10 quotes, went to post, and it had already logged me out (can't autologin at work). What a waste of 15 minutes.
    _

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    It's easy to grin...
    Damn, no one took the bait.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread