+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 27
FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: The Essential Brett Favre Thread

I'd take him (since he's better than Kitna and both are not the long term solution). I doubt the Packers let him go to any NFC North team, and probably not the NFC in general. Imagine geating beat in Lambeau by Brett in the playoffs.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Favre to Fox News: Pack should let me play elsewhere
    Associated Press
    Updated: July 14, 2008, 3:07 PM ET

MILWAUKEE -- After avoiding public comment through weeks of speculation about his football future, Brett Favre is speaking for himself: He wants to play but doesn't feel welcome in Green Bay, so he's asking to be released.

Favre's first substantial comments on his latest retirement decision reversal come in an interview with Fox News' Greta Van Susteren scheduled to air at 10 p.m. ET Monday.

"I am guilty of retiring early and there is a reason for that," Favre said, according to an excerpt provided to The Associated Press. "And the major issue is 'Why did he retire,' and 'He asked for a release because he doesn't want to play in Green Bay.' That's not true. And I hope people are hearing this and saying 'OK, that clears it up.' "
    Fox News lol
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Favre and Balanced.

Blog Entries
    Nice touch.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Report: Packers inquiring about trade market for Favre
    ESPN.com news services
    Updated: July 22, 2008, 4:31 PM ET

What would NFL teams trade the Green Bay Packers for Brett Favre?

The Packers have asked multiple teams what they would be willing to offer for their team icon and former NFL MVP, the NFL Network reported -- a state of affairs once unthinkable in Green Bay.

While it is not known how many teams the Packers have contacted about Favre, they have not limited their inquiries to AFC teams, according to the report.

Favre retired in early March, but recently has been having second thoughts about playing in 2008. He has asked to be released from his contract, a request the team has no plans to grant. The team has said it is committed to Aaron Rodgers, Favre's former understudy, as its quarterback of the future.

The next step for Favre could be to petition NFL commissioner Roger Goodell for reinstatement, a move that would force the Packers to release him or place him on their active roster. But last week, Favre's agent, James "Bus" Cook, said Favre has no plans to do so immediately.

According to the report, one NFL executive speculated that the Packers simply are completing their due diligence on a potential trade market for Favre before deciding whether it would be worth dealing him.

Favre's contractual rights belong to the Packers until his current deal expires after the 2010 season.

Green Bay's players report to training camp on Monday, with the first practice Tuesday.
    Find a new slant.

I heard on WDFN that the Packers have Favre's phone records indicating a number of calls between him and Vikings brass.

This is getting uglier by the day. Somewhere Madden is frowning over a bowl of Moose Tracks.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by John Madden
    FOOTBALLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!
    _

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ESPN.com

The New York Jets have received permission to talk to retired Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre, a source told ESPN's Chris Mortensen on Friday.

The Jets and Tampa Bay Buccaneers have expressed interest in Favre, according to a Packers source. Favre, who retired in April, hasn't made a decision on whether to send in his reinstatement letter. Favre has asked to be released from his contract and is aware of the Jets' and Bucs' interest, the source said. The Packers have no intention of releasing Favre from his contract, which expires after the 2010 season.

Also Friday, a Packers source told Mortensen that Favre informed Packers general manager Ted Thompson by phone on Thursday that he was planning to report to the team's training camp Sunday.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    This whole situation reminds me of the Tre/cccsdad thread in the Terrordome.

"stop sending me pms, ur gay"
    "no u stop, no ur gay"

Blog Entries
    Oh, and Favre on the Jets? I like the idea. They'd definitely be a better team. They don't have anybody on their roster that was there 8 months ago.

Can you imagine all the hype ESPN would give the games with the Patriots?

+ Reply to Thread