+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 27
FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: The Essential Brett Favre Thread

Blog Entries

Now that the Jets have gone down in flames and started their offseason, we can begin debating two questions in earnest. The first is whether Eric Mangini will be fired for steering the team from 8-3 to 9-7, while the second involves Brett Favre's future. The answer to the second may be contingent on the first.

Jay Glazer of FOX reports today that the veteran quarterback who has made a marketing career out of being just one of the boys doesn't actually like being treated like one of the boys. According to Glazer, the quarterback is chafing at the amount of meetings and quizzes Mangini has for his team. Perhaps most damaging, Favre's play wasn't treated with any deference, unlike his days with the Packers.

With the Jets, however, the sources say that Favre has been called to what they dub "the principal's office" and grilled about making bad throws that turned into interceptions. Those same sources say this is not just done in private. Mangini will also grill Favre about his throws in front of the team, just like everybody else.

Given the amount of bad throws Favre made down the stretch, it must have been a rough December.

The Jets shouldn't fall into the trap of trying to accomodate Favre. If Mangini goes, fine, but the brass must make the decision about the new coach based on all 53 players, not just one who may or may not be taking another NFL snap.

So this was a nice story for them almost making the playoffs and all...but what are they going to do when Favre retires?

Clemmons hasn't exactly lit it up in his first 3 years.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Captain Obvious would like to add the the Packers made the right call with Favre/Rodgers.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Captain Obvious would like to add the the Packers made the right call with Favre/Rodgers.
    More people would say it if the GB defense wasn't shit this season.

I think they did make the right move. Rodgers proved he's a pretty good NFL QB. Jay Cutler didn't make the playoffs because his defense sucked too.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Favre's done, again.

Blog Entries
    Is Favre retiring still breaking news after they already broke the news hours ago?

Hey Brett... See ya! Moving on
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    It's definitely time.

Wonder who the Jets go for now?

Prolly won't turn it over to Kellen Clemens (again).
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Garcia?

+ Reply to Thread