+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 27
FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: The Essential Brett Favre Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    Pennington had something the Lions don't the year he put up those numbers. A great offensive line and running game. That was with Curtis Martin still running like a potential pro bowler.
    Oh, come on. You don't believe in Gosder and Kevin?
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Blog Entries
    He might believe in the future, but he doesn't believe in now.

Exactly. Neither of them are even starters yet.
    _

Blog Entries
    What's disgusting is ESPN will somehow spin this into a Belichick/Mangini, Brady/Favre saga, and I'll want to blow my fucking brains out.

Blog Entries
    Source: Dolphins contact Pennington's agent
    By Tim Graham
    ESPN.com
    Updated: August 7, 2008, 2:46 PM ET

The Miami Dolphins are interested in the New York Jets' soon-to-be-unemployed quarterback, Chad Pennington.

The Dolphins have already contacted Pennington's agent, Tom Condon, a source with knowledge of the call told ESPN.com. The Jets are expected to cut Pennington at 4 p.m. Thursday to clear salary-cap space for Brett Favre.

Pennington was drafted in 2000 by Dolphins football operations boss Bill Parcells with the 18th overall pick.
    Pennington owns the highest career and single-season passer ratings in Jets history. He owns the five best season completion percentages. Joe Namath, Ken O'Brien and Richard Todd are the only Jets to have thrown for more yards.

But Pennington, 32, lost his job last year to Kellen Clemens and played in just nine games for a team that went 4-12.

Dolphins coach Tony Sparano spoke about Pennington at his daily news conference but insisted he was happy with his three quarterbacks: veteran journeyman Josh McCown, sophomore John Beck and rookie Chad Henne.

"I only know about him from playing against him," Sparano said. "From what I've heard about him, I've only heard that he's a very intelligent player, and he's always been pretty accurate with what he did with the ball. I know the guy's a competitor.

"We have three quarterbacks right now on our team, and we're finding it hard right now to get all three of those guys the work they need. I'm happy with the people we have here right now," he said.

The Dolphins last week gave NFL outcast Quincy Carter a workout. Carter played for the Dallas Cowboys when Parcells was their coach.

Many viewed Carter's tryout as indicative of the Dolphins' displeasure with their quarterback competition. McCown has been erratic, while Beck has struggled. Henne, it can be argued, is having the best camp.

Sparano claimed Carter's workout was nothing more than a casual look-see to satisfy organizational curiosity. Carter hasn't played in the NFL since 2004 because of drug-related issues.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Source: Dolphins contact Pennington's agent
    By Tim Graham
    ESPN.com
    Updated: August 7, 2008, 2:46 PM ET

The Miami Dolphins are interested in the New York Jets' soon-to-be-unemployed quarterback, Chad Pennington.

The Dolphins have already contacted Pennington's agent, Tom Condon, a source with knowledge of the call told ESPN.com. The Jets are expected to cut Pennington at 4 p.m. Thursday to clear salary-cap space for Brett Favre.

Pennington was drafted in 2000 by Dolphins football operations boss Bill Parcells with the 18th overall pick.

Pennington owns the highest career and single-season passer ratings in Jets history. He owns the five best season completion percentages. Joe Namath, Ken O'Brien and Richard Todd are the only Jets to have thrown for more yards.

But Pennington, 32, lost his job last year to Kellen Clemens and played in just nine games for a team that went 4-12.

Dolphins coach Tony Sparano spoke about Pennington at his daily news conference but insisted he was happy with his three quarterbacks: veteran journeyman Josh McCown, sophomore John Beck and rookie Chad Henne.

"I only know about him from playing against him," Sparano said. "From what I've heard about him, I've only heard that he's a very intelligent player, and he's always been pretty accurate with what he did with the ball. I know the guy's a competitor.

"We have three quarterbacks right now on our team, and we're finding it hard right now to get all three of those guys the work they need. I'm happy with the people we have here right now," he said.

The Dolphins last week gave NFL outcast Quincy Carter a workout. Carter played for the Dallas Cowboys when Parcells was their coach.

Many viewed Carter's tryout as indicative of the Dolphins' displeasure with their quarterback competition. McCown has been erratic, while Beck has struggled. Henne, it can be argued, is having the best camp.

Sparano claimed Carter's workout was nothing more than a casual look-see to satisfy organizational curiosity. Carter hasn't played in the NFL since 2004 because of drug-related issues.
    Again, suck it, bukdow.
    Find a new slant.

Good find GD
    Players meeting my ASS!

Again, Good find GD
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    Again, Good find GD

Almost used the Obama's terrorist fist bump, but decided not to.
    Find a new slant.

You pound it, but do you lock it and does it explode?
    _

+ Reply to Thread