We watched him for years, when he got to Detroit we learned that his mechanics were crap so Martz tore his arm apart and tried to rebuild it. Now we all know that Orlovsky is killing him in the quest for #2.

I think it's certainly safe to say Pennington is better than that.

Not to mention Stanton was drafted to be Martz's QB anyhow. He was a QB with an arm that threw more ducks than spirals but made some good decisions when the pocket fell apart, put himself out there physically (a la Elway and Steve Young with his feet ONLY) and had quickness that made his speed seem better than it was.

Like I said, I prefer Pennington over that. Not sure what happened to Pennington, but he has at least had success in the NFL. Remember 2002? QB rating over 100, 20+ TD, 3,000+ yards, only 5-6 picks, close to 70% completion rate. Yep, I think it's safe to say that even though we haven't seen Stanton in the NFL, he doesn't have that as part of his professional history.
In fact, in any season where Pennington has played 4 or more games he has completed at least 63% of his passes and thrown more TD's than INT's. But adding him would be horrible.